Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Teaser Tuesday No. 6: Tenth Grade Bleeds, by Heather Brewer




Welcome to "Teaser Tuesday"!!


This meme is hosted by  Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker every week, and the rules are very simple.

RULES
* Grab you current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere
on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn't
give too much away! You don't want
to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title and author, too, so that other
TT participants can add the book to their
TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Note
Since I'm a slow reader, I don't have a new book
started every week. I am therefore going
 to bend the rules a little.....
I'll be featuring books I want to read,
that are currently sitting on my shelves. 
I've also made the teasers a bit longer
than stated in the rules above.


Here are my teasers!
Meredith placed her hand on his shoulder, and Vlad shivered as he clasped her free hand in his. He still wasn't sure exactly what to do with his feet, but when he looked into her deep chocolate brown eyes, he realized that it didn't matter whether he could dance or not -- all that mattered was that he was here with her, that they were together, that it was the Snow Ball, and he wasn't alone. He was in the gym with his girlfriend instead of in the belfry with his thoughts.  -- Chapter 13: The Many Faces of Friendship, page 137


The pages began to glow. All of the pages.

And after a moment, flames crawled across the pages that Vlad could see, burning letters, then full words, into the parchment.

Vlad almost forgot completely about the wound in his palm, which had already begun healing closed. He gasped. "What is it?"

"It's your future, Master Pravus. It is your end."D'Ablo met his gaze with the glowing grin of an empowered lunatic.   -- Chapter 22: Hidden In Blood, page 229



Tenth Grade Bleeds
(The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Book 3)
Heather Brewer
Trade Paperback, 292 pages
Speak
January 10, 2010
Humor, Paranormal Fiction, Urban Fantasy,
Young Adult Fiction

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6984608-tenth-grade-bleeds






It's another awful year at Bathory High for Vladimir Tod. The evil vampire D'Ablo is hunting for the ritual that could steal Vlad's powers. His best friend doesn't want to be his drudge anymore. And it's getting harder for Vlad to resist feeding on the people around him. When months go by with no word from Uncle Otis, and D'Ablo shows up demanding Vlad's father's journal, Vlad realizes that having a normal high school year is the least of his concerns. Vlad needs to act fast, and even his status as the Pravus won't save him this time. 


This is the third installment in the Middle Grade/Young Adult vampire series, The Chronicles of Valdimir Tod, and I can't wait to dive in! I bought all five books on EBay recently, on a co-worker's recommendation, and I am SO enjoying them! I will soon be starting on this one!






What do you think of my teasers?
Are you interested in this book?
Please leave a comment, 
along with the link
to your own "Teaser Tuesday" post, 
and let me know!









2 comments:

  1. I guess a lot of imaginative young adults are imagining a kind of vampire centric world in a High School setting. Of course such a setting apeals to people of all ages. The teasers that you posted seem to capture such a setting very effectively.

    I also read slow and read some very long books so I am generally not starting a new book every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      I think it was Stephenie Meyer, author of my beloved Twilight books, that started this trend of having YA vamp stories set in a high school. But then there's also J.K. Rowling, with her Harry Potter series (Harry being a wizard, instead of a vamp, lol), although that was set in a magical school. Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series (another of my faves!) is also set in a high school. But heck, the YA Fiction genre goes hand in hand with high school settings. However, in my honest opinion, a young adult is really someone who is 18 and older. Interestingly, we now have the New Adult genre, which deals with such people. Kinda illogical, I think. Lol.

      Oh, this author is certainly a terrific writer! She (I just found out that she is now a trans man, going by the name of Zac Brewer) certainly evokes the whole high school atmosphere very well! And his characters are SO well drawn! I got pulled into Vlad's world right away! Just like with the characters of The Twilight Saga and the other series I've mentioned! I hope to get to finish this series next year. As the Christmas season approaches, my reading tastes shift, and I start reading Christmas-themed romances and other Christmas books exclusively. Lol.

      Yeah, I tend to be a slow reader. Reading long books would certainly make it nearly impossible for me to blog at all! Lol. However, the books I read (whether fiction or nonfiction are not all that long, thankfully.)

      Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)