Saturday, October 20, 2018

Book Blogger Hop No. 147: A Literary Character Costume for Halloween!!



Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop,
Halloween Edition!!
This event is hosted by Billy @



For more information, and 
to find out the topic of next week's question, click HERE.


This Week's Question

If you were to dress up as
a literary figure
(author or character)
for Halloween, who would it be ?

(Submitted  by Michelle @







My Answer

A question pretty similar to this one was submitted by Billy, the host of the Book Blogger Hop, in October of 2016.  The wording was a bit different, though -- the idea was to dress up as a classic literary character. Here's the exact question: "You've been invited to a costume party, and the theme is classic literature characters. Who would you go as?" 

I answered that question on the date it was posted: October 28, 2016. To see which classic literary character I picked, you can access my answer HERE.

So, this year, I'm answering this new question with another literary character -- one that is fairly new to readers, but has already become a BELOVED classic! Who is it? Well, none other than Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter series!

As a matter of fact, since this year, Halloween falls on a Wednesday, I'm planning to dress up as Hermione for a party I'm having with my students at school! Yes, we're organizing a little party in the classroom. Unfortunately, the school doesn't allow students or teachers to wear costumes to school.... BUT! I have a devious little plan, hee, hee!! I am wearing PART of my costume to school, while the rest of it will be in a shopping bag I'm bringing with me. I will be wearing my black jeans and boots, plus a white blouse. Then, when I get to my classroom at 7:00 PM, I'll put on the classic Gryffindor vest, the tie, and the robe! And, of course, I'll bring my magic wand with me! When the party is over, I will take off all the articles of clothing I put on in the classroom. Thus, when I go back to the main office to sign out for the night, I will look as normal as can be! Lol.



***UPDATE, 10/20/18***
I forgot to mention why my school doesn't allow either the teachers or the students to wear costumes when Halloween falls on a school night. So, I'm adding this little update.
This is for security reasons. The admnistration doesn't want anyone showing up in a mask, because the security guys wouldn't know if it was a student or not. Anyone could come to the school in a mask just to cause trouble, and the school administration doesn't want that. It's a HUGE bummer, though.....





What are your thoughts on
this topic?
If you're participating in this hop,
I'll go comment on your 
own BBH post.
If not, I will then comment on one 
of your blog posts!
Thanks for visiting!!!  
 





14 comments:

  1. Haha you're sneaky!! That's a really lame rule that the school has, though. I mean come on, it's Halloween!!

    Hermione is a great character to dress up as!! Good luck!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amy!

      YEAH!!! LOL. :) :)

      I agree, it's a lame rule. However, there's a good reason for it -- it's a security matter. They don't want people showing up with masks and causing trouble. With a mask on, the security guys wouldn't know whether someone was a student or not. But this does put a cramp on Halloween celebrations! (I should have included this in the post, so I'm going to add it.)

      Oh, I LOVE Hermione!! I'm going to enjoy this!! Thanks for the good luck wishes, and the nice comment!! I'm visiting your blog very soon!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi, Erica!

      YEAAAAAH!!!! Hermione is a REAL kick-butt character!! Glad you love my pick!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize we had this question twice. Maybe some bloggers changed their answers. However, it seems everyone is picking Harry Potter characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Billy!

      Yeah, but it's okay, because the previous question focused on CLASSIC literary characters, while this one opens it up to ANY literary character, or even an author.

      As for everyone picking Harry Potter characters, I've only seen one other blogger do this -- Gothic Vamperstein @ Lukten av trykksverte (Google has translated this as "The Smell of Printer's Ink".) Who knows, maybe some of these bloggers originally chose HP characters, and then decided otherwise. Hmmmm.....

      I picked Hermione because she's such a GREAT, kick-butt character! I LOVE reading about strong female characters in fiction, and ESPECIALLY Young Adult Fiction!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  4. Hermione would be a great character to choose, Maria.

    Sounds like a fun party...ENJOY!!

    Love your descriptive answer. Always a treat to stop by.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Elizabeth!

      YEAH!!! I think she's AWESOME!!! :)

      Oh, it's going to be FUN, all right!! LOL.

      Thanks for another sweet compliment!!! You're so nice!! <3 <3 <3

      Thanks for commenting back, too!!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. I would dress up as a Shadowhunter. It wouldn't be very hard I think. Just have to write some runes on my skin, wear kick ass boots and done. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephanie!

      Ooooooh, that sounds absolutely FABULOUS!!!! YAAAAAASSSS!!! :) :)

      You're SO funny!! Yeah, you got the look just right!! I'm sue you'd be able to find some temporary rune tattoos, too!

      Thanks for the great comment!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  6. Dressing as a literary character is a neat thing to do for Halloween. Hermione is a good idea for a costume. This post is making me think that I should dress up myself as a literary character. My workplace actually encourages it. I must give it some thought as to who to dress up as. Have fun at your party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      It SURE is!! LOVE it!!! :) :)

      Oh, YEAH!!! Hermione is GREAT!!! She's such a kick-butt character! I LOVE strong female characters, especially in Young Adult Fiction, because they serve as role models for young women.

      You should TOTALLY go for it, Brian! I think literary characters are a better choice for Halloween than the traditional scary ones. Well, unless the literary character picked happens to be a scary one.... Billy, the host of this blog hop, picked Frnakenstein's monster. As you know, I don't like the horror genre, so I'd NEVER pick a scary literary character! Lol.

      I'm SO glad your workplace encourages dressing up, as it's SO much fun!! To me,t that's the BEST part of Halloween! At my school, they don't allow costumes for security reasons. Someone could show up in a mask, and the security guys wouldn't know if the person was really a student or not. So that's why, but it really sucks! But I'm going to have fun with my students anyway!!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  7. Oh what a fabulous idea! But I still think your school is lame - the rule could be amended to - no staff WEARING MASKS can dress up. Why don't they allow staff to come minus their masks? I can't imagine teaching with a mask on, anyhow. And have a wonderful time as Hermione, Maria:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah!

      YEAH!!!! HEE, HEE!!!! :) :)

      Well, this does suck, but then again, they just don't want unknown people coming into the school, pretending to be students, and creating problems. After all, on Halloween night, lots of people (mostly teen boys) love to play pranks. If they're wearing masks, who knows who they are? I can see the administration's point. But, I think that, instead of banning Halloween costumes completely, they could simply say, "No masks". And that would go for teachers, as well. Then, if anyone were to be seen on campus wearing a mask,they could simply be asked to leave. However..... I guess the principal figures there would be TOO many people wearing masks for the security guards to handle, so he thinks it's better to say, "No Halloween costumes allowed." It STILL sucks, though..... ESPECIALLY for people like me, who LOVE to dress up for Halloween!! And I don't like scary or gory costumes, either.

      Well, you know what my plan is!! Lol. I will DEFINITELY enjoy being Hermione this Halloween!!

      Thanks for the supportive comment!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)