Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday No. 48: Bright Burns the Night, by Sara B. Larson





Welcome to "Can't Wait Wednesday"!
   
This is a weekly event hosted by
Tressa @ Wishful Endings, and inspired by "Waiting On Wednesday", which used to be hosted by
 Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

For more information, please click HERE.

As in the previous meme, this one showcases future releases  we book  bloggers 
are eagerly anticipating!!
There's also a Linky widget, so participating blogs can link up!



Here's my choice for this week!




 Bright Burns the Night
(Untitled Duology, Book 2)
Sara B. Larson
Hardcover, 320 pages
Scholastic Press
     May 29, 2018       
Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult 








Ten years ago, King Lorcan of the Dark Kingdom Dorjhalon defeated Queen Evelayn and cut her conduit stone from her. Since then, he has kept her trapped in her swan form. With the loss of balance between Dark and Light, winter has descended and the Draíolon of Éadrolan lose more power every day. But once a year, Lorcan transforms her back to her Draíolon form and offers a truce. And every year Evelayn refuses -- for he requires her to Bind herself to him for life.

But now, with an Ancient power bearing down upon them, everything may change. Evelayn will learn that the truths she once believed have shattered, and that she may need her enemies even more than her allies. Lorcan and Evelayn become partners in a desperate quest to return the balance of power to Lachalonia. How far will this partnership go? Can friendship -- perhaps even love -- bloom where hatred has taken root?

Sara B. Larson delivers a thrillingly romantic and hauntingly satisfying end to this extraordinary duology.





Why I can't wait for this one!

I've had the first book on my Goodreads shelves for a while now, and was thrilled to see that there's a sequel coming! This is a beautiful retelling of the story of Odette, first immortalized in the ballet "Swan Lake", by Tchaikovsky. I ADORE fairy tale retellings!!

 I do wish this were at least a trilogy, though.....but heck, I have to read  Dark Breaks the Dawn first! Lol. I LOVE both covers, and the plot of each is also very compelling! And those titles are so poetic......I've just added Bright Burns the Night to my shelves as well!




Here's the previous book in this 
exciting duology!! Click on the
cover for the Goodreads page.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29283751-dark-breaks-the-dawn







Sara B. Larson is the author of the acclaimed YA fantasy Defy, and the sequels Ignite and Endure. She can’t remember a time when she didn’t write books—although she now uses a computer instead of a Little Mermaid notebook. 

Sara lives in Utah with her husband and their three children. She writes in brief snippets throughout the day (while mourning the demise of naptime) and the quiet hours when most people are sleeping. Her husband claims she should have a degree in “the art of multitasking.” When she’s not mothering or writing, you can often find her at the gym repenting for her sugar addiction.





What do you think of my
choice this week? 
Please leave a comment and
let me know!


  

18 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. When I first heard the plot description I thought of some of the stories in Ovid's Metamorphosis. But as you point out it is s retelling of The Swan Princess. It is neat that Larson has turned that story into a modern fantasy book.

    I also love the covers.

    I hope that your week has been good so far Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      Oh, DEFINITELY!! I LOVE fairy tale retellings, and this one is a very beautiful one. How fascinating that this series initially reminded you of Ovid's book. So that's another book to put on my TBR!

      Yes, it's really neat that Larson has turned the story of The Swan Princess into a modern fantasy book!

      The covers are AWESOME!! :) :)

      Yes, my week has been good so far. School started again on Monday. The only problem is that I'm feeling a bit down because I REALLY miss Christmas...... :( This happens to me every year. So the month of January is my LEAST favorite month of the year. Lol.

      Thanks for the wonderful comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this series has gorgeous covers! And a Swan Lake retelling? That's a first for me -- great find, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Yes, I ADORE these covers!!

      I already had the first book on my Goodreads shelves, but, when I added it, I didn't notice that it was a Swan Lake retelling. I noticed, though, when I came across the second one! Lol.

      Glad you like my pick! Thanks for commenting!! HUGS!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  3. Ugh I hate myself for not reading the first book yet because it was one of my highest anticipated books and I do own it. Sigh. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Steph!

      Oh, I think that ALL of us bookworms have that problem, lol. There are just SO many great books to read! Like Frank Zappa said, "So many books, so little time." Yeah, this is true for me, too..... So I have to sigh right along with you......Lol.

      Thanks for commenting!! HUGS!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. Those are seriously scrummy covers... And I love the fairytale retelling:) I hope you enjoy this duology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah!

      Ooooh, a new word!! I had not heard this word "scrummy" before. I looked it up, and found out it comes from "scrumptious". Fascinating! I LOVE coming across new words!!! And yes, these covers are DEFINITELY scrummy!!!! :) :) :)

      I ADORE fairy tale reteeelings, and this one sounds especially WONDERFUL!! I KNOW I'm going to LOVE these books!!!

      Thanks for the lovely comment!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. The covers look beautiful. And it sounds like a really good book. Hope you´ll enjoy your pick. Thanks for sharing.
    My pick

    Best wishes
    Vi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vi!

      Yes, these covers are indeed beautiful! And I LOVE fairy tale retellings, so I KNOW enjoy these books!!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! Thanks to you for commenting!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh this is new to me. Nice covers for sure, you weren't kidding! Hope they're awesome!

    Hope you are well Maria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Greg!

      I already had the first book on my Goodreads shelves, so I was delighted to come across the second one!

      Yes, these covers are GORGEOUS!! And I KNOW I will enjoy these two books, when i get to them!

      I'm doing very well, thanks!! Happy New Year to you!! I will be visiting your blog soon, as I owe you some comments back, lol.

      Thanks for the lovely comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cover! This book sounds interesting!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ronyell!

      Yes, indeed!! And both books look absolutely FASCINATING!!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  8. I really need to pick this series up. I'm loving the covers to both of them and have hard some good things about the first one.

    Another great choice this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Yes, you do!!! It looks WONDERFUL!!

      Most of the commenters this week have mentioned the covers. They are indeed GORGEOUS!!

      I really need to get the first book, so I can go on to the second one immediately after I finish the first one!

      Glad you loved my choice, Barb! Thanks for commenting!! HUGS TO YOU & THE BOYS, AND WOOF, WOOF TO THEM, TOO!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Maria, First time visiting your blog though WWW! So Glad I founf it since we seem to like the same kind of books! This series sound fantastic! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Daniela!

      Welcome!! So glad to have you!! It's GREAT that we have the same taste in books! I just visited your blog, and am now following it with Bloglovin'!! Also I accepted your friend request on Goodreads! Thanks!! :)

      Yeah, this series DOES indeed, sound fantastic!! I KNOW I will enjoy it!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)