Saturday, December 30, 2017

Shelf Candy Saturday No. 237: Dance of Thieves, by Mary E. Pearson



Welcome to Shelf Candy Saturday!



This is my weekly feature
showcasing beautiful covers!
It also provides information, 
if available, on their 
very talented creators!



Here's my choice for this week!





Dance of Thieves
(The Remnant Chronicles, Book 1)
Hardcover, 384 pages
Henry Holt & Company
August 7 , 2018
   Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction
 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35796008-dance-of-thieves






My Thoughts About This Cover

This is the type of cover that I could spend HOURS contemplating! It has the perfect combination of simplicity and intricacy. And the entire composition is made up of ornate, French-looking floral designs, and GORGEOUS, medieval-looking calligraphy, along with some influence from Greek art, which is very obvious in the stylized wings, as well as the "column" running down the length of the cover, and ending in an inverted triangle. So, several artistic motifs and styles have been beautifully and harmoniously combined here!

I first came across this cover on the blog Wishful Endings; specifically, on the meme "Can't Wait Wednesday"! Thanks to Tressa, who hosts this wonderful meme!

Well, I have no idea who created this elegant, incredible cover..... Perhaps because the release date is SO far away, it's impossible to get details on the identity of this highly talented person.... I have already checked out Amazon, but there's no reading preview available for this book, unfortunately..... Whoever this terrific designer is, they are already on my list of favorite cover illustrators and designers!



What do you think of 
this week's cover?
Please leave a comment
and let me know!



Happy New Year to Everyone!!











3 comments:

  1. Hey Maria,

    I also really like this cover. I am drawn to the greenish blue pastel color that is predominant. It is also impressive that as you point out, the different styles work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      Oh, this is DEFINITELY a GREAT dover!! So glad you like it, too!! I agree with you about the greenish blue pastel color. And all of the elements of the composition have been BRILLIANTLY put together! Yes, they work very well as a whole, in spite of their disparate origins!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY!!! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. Thsnks!! Happy New Year to you, too!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)