Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday No. 45: The Case for Jamie, by Brittany Cavallaro





Welcome to "Can't Wait Wednesday"!
   
This is a weekly event hosted by
Tressa @ Wishful Endings, and inspired by "Waiting On Wednesday", which used to be hosted by
 Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

For more information, please click HERE.

As in the previous meme, this one showcases future releases  we book  bloggers 
are eagerly anticipating!!
There's also a Linky widget, so participating blogs can link up!



Here's my choice for this week!




 The Case for Jamie
(Charlotte Holmes, Book 3)
Brittany Cavallaro
Hardcover,  368 pages
Katherine Tegen Books
     March 6, 2018       
Classics Retellings, Mystery, 
Sherlock Holmes 
Young Adult Fiction 
   
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33810737-the-case-for-jamie?ac=1&from_search=true






The hotly anticipated final book in the New York Times bestselling Charlotte Holmes trilogy, in which Charlotte and Jamie finally face their longtime enemy…and their true feelings for each other.

It’s been a year since the shocking death of August Moriarty, and Jamie and Charlotte haven’t spoken. Jamie is going through the motions at Sherringford, trying to finish his senior year without incident, with a nice girlfriend he can’t seem to fall for. Until strange things start happening to him. Strange things that might mean nothing at all—or that someone is after him again.

Charlotte is on the run, from Lucien Moriarty and from her own mistakes. No one has seen her since that fateful night on the lawn in Sussex. Charlotte wants it that way. She knows she isn’t safe to be around. She knows that her Watson can’t forgive her.

Holmes and Watson may not be looking to reconcile, but there is someone who wants the team back together. Someone who has been quietly observing them both. Making plans. Biding their time. Someone who wants to see one of them suffer and the other one dead.

In this final explosive book in the Charlotte Holmes trilogy, Holmes and Watson face the ultimate test: they must unravel the case of their lives without unraveling each other.
 




Why I can't wait for this one!

Okay, so I didn't enjoy the second novel in this series quite as much as I had the first one, but still, the characters are GREAT, and really, I'm now thinking that I should reread the second novel, and give it another chance. After all, I ADORE Sherlock Holmes retellings, and this series presents a very imaginative, fascinating take on the famous detective and his sidekick -- through their modern-day descendants, who become romantically involved, as well as partners in solving crimes. Besides, I LOVE that Cavallaro has made Holmes' great-great-great granddaughter as brilliant and quirky a detective as her legendary ancestor! So yes, I'm ALL IN for this one!!



The other books in this series. Click on the covers for my reviews.


https://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2017/01/book-review-study-in-charlotte-by.html


https://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2017/04/book-review-last-of-august-by-brittany.html









Brittany Cavallaro is a poet, fiction writer, and old school Sherlockian. She is the author of the Charlotte Holmes novels from HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books, including A Study in Charlotte and The Last of August. She's also the author of the poetry collection Girl-King (University of Akron) and is the recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts fellowship. She earned her BA in literature from Middlebury College, and her MFA in poetry from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Currently, she's a PhD candidate in English literature at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She lives in Wisconsin with her husband, cat, and collection of deerstalker caps.




What do you think of my
choice this week? 
Please leave a comment and
let me know!

  

20 comments:

  1. Oooh! This sounds like an interesting book! I've never read any of this author's books, but they sound good! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ronyell!

      Sorry for the late reply.....:(

      So glad yo like my pick!! I can't wait to get my hands on it!! Although I didn't like the second one as much as the first, I sure hope that the third one will be better! And maybe I'll give the second book another chance, lol.

      Thanks for commenting!! Have a WONDERFUL holiday, and a very Happy New Year!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. As I think I mentioned in your earlier posts on this series I think that this is a neat idea. You wrote that you did not care as much for the second book. I find that sometimes the second book to be the weakest for whatever reason. I wonder if this entry will pick up the quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      Sorry for the late reply.....:(

      Oh, this is definitely "a neat idea"!! Very well put! :)

      I LOVE the fact that Cavallaro has made Sherlock's brilliant descendant a female!! That's the first thing. Then, of course, I also LOVE the fact that Watson's descendant is a male. That brings in the romance angle. So I'm getting the best of both worlds -- the feminist angle, and the romance angle!! Lol.

      Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the second book.....but maybe I'll give it another chance! And I sure hope that the third one will be more exciting to read!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  3. I read and absolutely LOVED the first book in this series. I hope to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sam!

      Yeah, the first book was AWESOME!! The second one....not so much. But I think I might give it a second chance.

      I hope the third book will be as good as the first one!

      Sorry for the late reply..... :(

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, I hope you love this when you read it, Maria and then it ends better than the second one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Sorry for the late reply.... :(

      Yes, I'm hoping so, too!! But I think I'll also give the second one another chance.

      thanks for commenting!! HUGS!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. I can't believe I still have to read the second book - as it's said, too many books, so little time.

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tania!

      Sorry for the late reply..... :(

      Oh, you need to read the second book? I hope you like it more than I did, although I do plan on giving it another chance!

      And yes, there are SO MANY books, and SO LITTLE time..... It was Frank Zappa who said that. He was SO RIGHT!!

      Happy Reading to you, too! Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  6. I've heard so much about the first book but never got around to the series. I've never read a Sherlock Holmes retelling before but I may need to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sara!

      Sory for the late reply.....:(

      Yeah, the first book was just AWESOME!! I LOVED it!! the second one.....not so much. However, I do plan to give it another chance. Maybe I'll like it better this time! Then I can move on to this third and last one!

      I do think you should check out this series! :) :)

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  7. You always seem to remind me of series I haven't started yet. That being said, before I even read any part of your post, I knew by looking at the cover what series it belonged too and I love it when that happens. I seriously need to start this series as I'm pretty sure I'll love it. Hope this third book is better for you than the second.

    The boys wanted me to wish you a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday with your loved ones. They are hoping to be spoiled rotten Christmas morning (and come on, is there any doubt!!!)

    Thanks for all your kind thoughts this year and I look forward to visiting your blog in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Sorry for the late reply.....:(

      I'm SO glad I keep "reminding" you of series that you haven't read yet! Lol.

      If the covers for a series match, of course the reader can immediately identify it. That's why I get upset at publishers when the covers do NOT match!! GRRRRRR!!!

      I'm crossing my fingers that the third book will be better than the second! However, I do plan to give the second book another read to see if maybe I just missed something....lol.

      Awwwww.....your boys are SO SWEET! And so is their mom!! ARF, ARF!!! Thanks to you, and them, for the Christmas and happy holiday wishes!!

      Of COURSE they will spoiled rotten!! Lol. that's what happens at Christmastime -- kids and pets (and spouses, too!) get spoiled rotten!! 'Tis the season!! :) :) :)

      You're more than welcome for all my comments on your blog (and here) this year! And of COURSE that will continue in 2018!!

      Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you, the boys, and your hubby!! Thanks for always leaving such sweet thoughts on my CWW posts!! HUGS TO YOU & THE BOYS, AND WOOF, WOOF TO THEM!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  8. Good retellings of Sherlock Holmes never grow old as far as I'm concerned - I haven't come across this one before, but I'm definitely marking it down. Thank you for sharing! My CWW this week is a cosy mystery coming out on New Year's Day - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/12/20/cant-wait-wednesday-20th-december-2017/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah!

      Sorry for the late reply...... :(

      Yeah, I agree that good Sherlock Holmes retellings NEVER get old!! They're ALWAYS fascinating, just like the original stories are!

      You will LOVE the first book in this series!! I do plan on giving the second one another chance, because my first reading did not hook me. Maybe I'll like it better during the reread!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  9. I still need to pick up this series, I own the first two books but have yet to read them. I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brittany!

      So sorry for the late reply....I'm WAY behind on my comment replies, as well as comments back!

      I really enjoyed the first book! The second one.....not so much. But maybe you'll like both equally. I hope you read them!

      I'm crossing my fingers that I'll love this third book!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! Thanks for commenting!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  10. Hope you´ll enjoy your picks, they look very intriguing. Happy reading!
    My pick

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vi!

      I apologize for the late comment..... I'm really behind on all of my replies and comments back....

      Well, I did love the first book, but the second was a bit disappointing.... I do hope I love the third one, too!!

      Happy Reading * Best Wishes to you, too!! Thanks for commenting!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)