Sunday, December 3, 2017

Shelf Candy Saturday No. 233: The Gift, by Nora Roberts



Welcome to Shelf Candy Saturday!


***Late Edition***
This is my weekly feature
showcasing beautiful covers!
It also provides information, 
if available, on their 
very talented creators!



Here's my choice for this week!


The Gift:
Home for Christmas
All I Want for Christmas
Nora Roberts 
Hardcover, 224 pages
Silhouette Books
October 1 , 2004
   Christmas Romance,
Contemporary Romance

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59826.The_Gift






My Thoughts About This Cover

This is a really exquisite cover! It's so beautifully balanced, so delicately designed. And this design is really a very simple one.

What is so beautiful, so perfect, about this cover, is that it ties together the beauty of Christmas decorations with the beauty of nature during the winter season. The warmth and joy of this time of year are represented by the round ornament with the gorgeous, reddish ribbon. The icy blue of the landscape outside represents the enchantment inherent in the season, when trees become magical, snowy sentinels. Both are wrapped together into one equally magical cover, one blending with the other.

The colors used here are so very beautiful, too, and the way they stand out so well against the white background! Perhaps because of this, the whole cover just GLOWS. This cover itself is a gift, for it gives such visual delight to the viewer!

Equally beautiful and effective is the title, with the contrasting fonts. The word "gift" has been emphasized through a very elegant font reminiscent of the type of script used in the 1700s. Thus, there's also a clear element of nostalgia here. The images and title reinforce each other perfectly!

I don't think I've ever seen a cover so emblematic of what the Christmas season is all about!

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find out who designed this wonderful cover..... I do intend to purchase this book from Amazon, where it's available for a VERY reasonable price. When I do, I will then be able to come back to this post and add the name of this BRILLIANT artist!


What do you think of 
this week's cover?
Please leave a comment
and let me know!








2 comments:

  1. Hey Maria.

    I agree that this is a great cover. I love the way that the outdoor image is integrated into the Christmas tree ball. Maybe it is just me, but I get the sense of a little sadness and bleakness in the image of the tree that is bare of leaves.Either way, that outdoor scene is a place that I would like to be. It really conveys a sense of winter.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      I'm glad you love this cover, too! And precisely what I love about is what you've mentioned: the way both images -- the outdoor image and the image of the Christmas ball -- are integrated into one. That's why this cover really ROCKS!! :)

      You know, now that you mention it, the outdoor landscape does look a little bleak and sad....but I do think that the warmth of the Christmas ball makes up for that, to some extent.

      As you can see, I LOVE winter! Maybe the grass is a little greener on the other side, but I would LOVE to see snow up close and personal! My husband tells me that he doesn't miss it AT ALL. Lol. Too many mornings spent digging his car out from under all that snow, after shoveling the sidewalk! Lol.

      Thanks, as always, for the nice comment!! Hope you & your wife have a great week, too!! <3 :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)