Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday No. 44: Hero at the Fall, by Alwyn Hamilton





Welcome to "Can't Wait Wednesday"!
   
This is a weekly event hosted by
Tressa @ Wishful Endings, and inspired by "Waiting On Wednesday", which used to be hosted by
 Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

For more information, please click HERE.

As in the previous meme, this one showcases future releases  we book  bloggers 
are eagerly anticipating!!
There's also a Linky widget, so participating blogs can link up!



Here's my choice for this week!




 Hero at the Fall
(Rebel of the Sands, Book 3)
Alwyn Hamilton
Trade Paperback,  528 pages
Faber & Faber
     February 1, 2018       
Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction 
   
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35406534-hero-at-the-fall









Once, in the desert country of Miraji, there was a Sultan without an heir.

The heir had been killed by his own brother, the treacherous Rebel Prince, who was consumed by jealousy and sought the throne for himself.

Or so it was said by some. There were others who said that the Rebel Prince was not a traitor but a hero...

In the final battle for the throne, Amani must fight for everything she believes in, but with the rebellion in pieces, and the Sultan's armies advancing across the desert plains, who will lead, who will triumph, who will live and who will die?




Why I can't wait for this one!

Oh. My. Gosh. The THIRD and last book of this series, and I haven't even started on the first.....This happens to me A LOT. Lol. But I'm sure I'm not alone in this. There are many bookworms out there in the same situation. 
Now I'm planning to buy the paperback, which I can get from The Book Depository. That's because I want all of my covers to match, and I do NOT like the switch in cover style on the second hardcover. The third one also has a realistic style. NOT COOL, publisher!! Thankfully, the paperback versions have kept to the mostly abstract style, which is BEAUTIFUL, of the first book! 
And, of course, this is an EXCITING, not-to-BE-missed trilogy!!! YAAAAAAAAA!!!!




The other books in this series! Click on the covers for the Goodreads pages.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30267615-rebel-of-the-sands


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31574408-traitor-to-the-throne








Alwyn Hamilton was born in Toronto and spent her childhood bouncing between Europe and Canada until her parents settled in France. She grew up in a small town there, which might have compelled her to burst randomly into the opening song from Beauty and the Beast were it not for her total tone-deafness. She instead attempted to read and write her way to new places and developed a weakness for fantasy and cross-dressing heroines. She left France for Cambridge University to study History of Art at King’s College, and then to London where she became indentured to an auction house. She has a bad habit of acquiring more hardcovers than is smart for someone who moves house quite so often.
Alwyn's New York Times-bestselling debut, the YA fantasy Rebel Of The Sands, was published by Viking Children's Books in the U.S. and Faber Children's Books in the U.K., and in Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Israel, Turkey, the Czech Republic, Serbia, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Iran. Its sequel, Traitor To The Throne, was published in spring 2017. Alwyn was named the 2016 Goodreads Choice Award winner for Best Debut Author.

Website/Goodreads/Twitter
Tumblr/Instagram/Pinterest


What do you think of my
choice this week? 
Please leave a comment and
let me know!

  

18 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you, I find myself seeing books I've been meaning to start and the next thing I know, the series is on book 3, and it's over. And how does that happen!? How do they write this fast? I still haven't got to book 2 of this one. Sighs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Sorry for the late reply..... :(

      Yeah, I think that does happen to a LOT of us bookworms! Lol. i'm glad I'm not alone. Well, when this happens, the good thing is that we can then pick the first book and go on to the sequels, without having to wait for them to come out. Lol.

      I wonder, too, how these authors can write so fast! :) If only I could keep up with them.... :)

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria - The books sound like they might be very good. In a way, I think it is better to have an entire series in one's hands before starting the books. This way you could read straight through. Of course, if you do not like the first book then you may have wasted money.

    I also like the theme of the original book covers and I also would try to collect all the matching covers.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      Sorry for the late reply..... :(

      Oh, this series ROCKS!! Of course, I like it because it features a kick-butt female protagonist! Lol.

      Yeah, I think you're right about having all of the books already published, and thus, being able to read them all back to back. But your point about not liking the first book is a good one. I have the ENTIRE Mortal Instruments series, by Cassandra Clare. After some time, I decided to start on it. However, when I read the first book, "City of Bones", I didn't like it that much. The characters felt kind of flat. And I have all the other books!! There's SIX of them! I really shouldn't have bought the entire series, without knowing if I would like the first book. But there was SO much HYPE about this series at the time I bought all the books, I thought I would LOVE it.... Maybe I should go back and reread the first book. Maybe I was unfavorably comparing it to "Twilight". Lol.

      BTW, a movie of the first book was made, but it didn't do all that well at the box office. I haven't heard of any others being planned.....

      The hardback cover of the first book of the Rebel of the Sands series is exactly like the paperback, which you see above. Then, with no warning, the publisher changed the style of the cover for the second hardback, as well as the third! Both are now done in a realistic style. So I need to get the paperbacks, so they will ALL match. I do own the second book, in paperback. But now it doesn't match with the first book, which is a hardback. I've actually thought of holding a giveaway for that hardback, and getting the paperback, so that all the books will DEFINITELY match! Lol. But maybe I'll just keep the hardback, and get the paperback. :)

      Thanks for the nice comment!! Hope you're having a GREAT Saturday!! <3 :)

      Delete
  3. Ooo... *bounces up and down excitedly in her seat* The third book is due OUT??? I LOVE this series! Sand and sorcery - and this is one of my very favourites. Do get to the first two soon as you are in for a TREAT. Thank you so much for sharing. My offering this week is a children's fantasy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah!

      So sorry for the late reply....:(

      Oh, you've read the first two books? AWESOME!! I have nothing but GREAT things about this series, so I'm really forward to it!

      You're very welcome the sharing! I have already checked out your own CWW post, and LOVE the book you've featured! I've added it to my Goodreads shelves!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  4. Nope, you're definitely not the only one to have entire series that haven't been started. And I totally get wanting the covers to match. I hope you are having a wonderful week and the boys send doggy smooches your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      So sorry for the late reply..... :(

      Yeah, I know I'm not the only one who has an entire series that they haven't started yet....Lol. I think that there are LOTS of us bookworms with that predicament! :)

      OF COURSE covers have to match!! I don't know what these publishers are thinking, switching cover styles like that! The same thing happened with the Nightshade series, by Andrea Cremer. And you can't even get the original covers on the paperbacks. They are the same as the new hardback covers. I heard that there was a HUGE fan protest, but to no avail. The publisher of this series went ahead with the new covers ANYWAY. ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

      Thanks for the nice comment! Hope you're having a WONDERFUL Saturday!! Thanks the boys for the doggy smooches!! HUGS TO YOU AND THEM, PLUS WOOF, WOOF TO THEM!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed Rebel of the Sands. I still need to read the 2nd book! I hope you enjoy reading this series, Maria.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sandra!

      Sorry for the late reply.... :(

      I've heard nothing but GREAT things about the first book! I own both this one and the second one, but they don't match, because the first one is a hardcover, while the second one is a paperback. :( I had to buy the paperback of the second book because the publisher changed the cover style of the hardback!! SO UPSET about that!!!! Lol.

      I KNOW I'm going to enjoy reading this series!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! Hope you're enjoying your Saturday! <3 :)

      Delete
  6. Ah! I still need to start this series! Can't believe I'm so far behind. Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa!

      Sorry for the late reply..... :(

      Yeah, you do, and so do I!! Lol. I own the first two novels, but one is a hardback, while the other is a paperback. That's because the publisher changed the cover style for the second book. AND, they've done the same thing for the third!! So I'm DEFINITELY getting the paperback of the third book!! Lol.

      Glad you loved my pick!! Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  7. I have not read this series (yet), but I have heard such great things. I hope the finale blows you away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sam!

      So sorry for the later reply.... :(

      Yeah, I've heard great things about it, too! So I'm really looking forward to reading it! I own the first two books, and now I'm getting the third. And I KNOW it will blow me away!

      Thanks for the comment!! Hope you're having a GREAT Saturday!! <3 :)

      Delete
  8. Aaah yes, after the ending of book two there had to be a third one. Hope you´ll enjoy your pick. Thanks for sharing.
    My pick

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vi!

      I really need to catch up!! Lol. I still haven't read the first two books, which are sitting on my shelves! :(

      I will be getting the third book, and then I will DEFINITELY plunge in!!

      Thanks for commenting!! Hope you're having a WONDERFUL Saturday!! <3 :)

      Delete
  9. I would like to read this series as well. I find I am always surprised when a new book comes out in a series I want to read--only to realize I'm a gazillion books behind already. Time sure does fly. I hope you get a chance to read this series soon, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Wendy!

      OMG!! I had not seen this comment! I am so sorry for the late reply.... :( I'm WAY behind on my comment replies, as well as comments back. I'm now trying to catch up! :)

      I definitely want to read this series!! The funny thing is, I have the first two books, and haven't read them yet.... Hmmmm... I feel a New Year's resolution coming on! Lol. Yup, Time flies, indeed!!

      I think I'll be getting the paperback of the first book. That way, all three will match. I now have a hardback of the first book, and a paperback of the second. I can't stand it when all the books in a series don't match!!! Lol.

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment, Wendy!! HUGS FOR YOU & MOUSE!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)