Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday No. 157: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, & John Tiffany




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!


Here's my choice for this week!



Harry Potter and the Cursed Child  
(Harry Potter, Book 8)
Library Binding, 320 pages
Arthur A. Levine Books
July 31, 2016
Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29056083-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child







Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a new play by Jack Thorne, is the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. It will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on 30th July 2016

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes darkness comes from unexpected places.




Why I'm waiting on this one!

Well, this is definitely a no-brainer if I ever
 saw one!! A NEW Harry Potter book?!
Quick, hand me that Time Machine so I 
can send myself to July 31, 2016!!!!
Wait a minute....where's that
Time Turner Hermione was so fond of using
in order to get to all her classes
on time? Hermione! Where are you hiding it?
Well, I'm not THAT excited, really..... Right.

I've already pre-ordered my copy!!!!!      





What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!









12 comments:

  1. I love your choice, actually.. I have choosen this one as well ^^ Can't wait !!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Melissa!

      I think that lots of people are waiting on this one! Even though it's a play it's still a new story about our beloved Harry!!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  2. AHHH, I am excited and then I remember it's a play, but it's still Harry Potter oh man!! Here's mine:http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/02/17/wow-comfort-zone/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      You know, I think it's a bit weird that Rowling would allow her story to be transformed into a play. Why didn't she just write a regular book? But, as you said, it's still HARRY POTTER, so it IS exciting!!!! Glad you agree!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read this - would love to see the play - Here's my WoW meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maria!

      I know!! All those LUCKY people who will be able to see the world premiere....sigh.... Well, at least we can read the play!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  4. I bet we see a lot of this one this week. I have only read one other book written in play format (actually I think it was a screenplay of Stephen King's Storm of the Century). I found it very distracting so I'm still up in the air on this one. I know tons of people will love it though and I am glad you already got your pre-order in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      I think you're right! I'm sure a lot of people are excited about this! It IS unusual, though, for Rowling to have released this in play format. But it's still HARRY POTTER, so I DO want it!! I'm one of those "tons of people" you've mentioned1 Lol.

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  5. I think this is the most anticipating book of the year! :D
    We're all waiting for it...

    Here is my WoW if you'd like to check it out: http://wp.me/p76RED-4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Irena!

      Yeah, a LOT of people are eagerly anticipating it!! I'm glad you are, too!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  6. I've never had any interest in reading Harry Potter. But I do hope you enjoy reading this new venture.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sandra!

      Not everyone likes Harry Potter, but I SURE do!! It will be a bit strange, reading this in play format, but it's still HARRY POTTER!! So I know I'll enjoy it!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)