Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday No. 156: Mirror in the Sky, by Aditi Khorana




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!


Here's my choice for this week!



Mirror in the Sky 
Hardcover, 352 pages
Razorbill
June 21, 2016
Science Fiction, Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27130752-mirror-in-the-sky






For Tara Krishnan, navigating Brierly, the academically rigorous prep school she attends on scholarship, feels overwhelming and impossible. Her junior year begins in the wake of a startling discovery: A message from an alternate Earth, light years away, is intercepted by NASA. This means that on another planet, there is another version of Tara, a Tara who could be living better, burning brighter, because of tiny differences in her choices.

The world lights up with the knowledge of Terra Nova, the mirror planet, and Tara’s life on Earth begins to change. At first, small shifts happen, like attention from Nick Osterman, the most popular guy at Brierly, and her mother playing hooky from work to watch the news all day. But eventually those small shifts swell, the discovery of Terra Nova like a black hole, bending all the light around it.

As a new era of scientific history dawns and Tara's life at Brierly continues its orbit, only one thing is clear: Nothing on Earth--or for Tara--will ever be the same again.





Why I'm waiting on this one!

Here's another YA science fiction book
that promises to be just as exciting
as the one I featured last week!
The plot concept is not an original one,
but the way it's developed.... Well,
I read a very enthusiastic review on
Goodreads that had me sol





What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!









8 comments:

  1. I am really trying to read more sci-fi this year and this does sound interesting. However, I have to be honest, my husband is taking on-line college classes and is trying to get through Earth Science this semester. I have been helping some, but neither of us are very science-minded. He just finished a unit on the astronomy and to be honest, right now all this book is doing is giving me flashbacks. I sure do hope you love it and I always look forward to seeing what book you feature each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      I'm not very talented in science myself, but I still enjoy reading good SF, and I think this book looks GREAT! Plus, there was that terrific review I read on Goodreads. I know I'm going to enjoy this novel!

      I hope everything goes well for your husband as he tries to complete his science course! And maybe you will want to get to this novel once his science course is over!

      Thanks for the great comment!! : )

      Delete
  2. I love YA sci-fi! I admit, I hadn't heard of this one before. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it, Maria!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alyssa!

    Oh, I'm really glad you like my pick!! I love YA sci-fi, too! I know I'm going to LOVE this one!

    Thanks for commenting back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I've not read anything like this before! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Yeah, this looks like a REAL good one! And I LOVE YA science fiction!

      I'm so happy you like my pick! You're very welcome for the heads up!

      Thanks for commenting back!! :)

      Delete
  5. Ohh great pick I absolutely love YA Sci-Fy books it is one of my favorites genre. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katiria!

      Glad you like my pick! And I love YA Sci-Fi books, too! I love them as much as PNR and UF!!

      You're very welcome for my visit to your blog! And thank YOU for commenting back!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)