Saturday, February 13, 2016

Shelf Candy Saturday No. 170: Forget Tomorrow, by Pintip Dunn



Welcome to Shelf Candy Saturday!


This is my weekly feature
showcasing beautiful covers!
It also provides information, 
if available, on their 
very talented creators!


Here's my choice for this week!



Forget Tomorrow
(Forget Tomorrow, Book 1)
Pintip Dunn
Hardcover, 400 pages
Entangled Teen
November 3, 2015
Dystopian Fiction, Fantasy, 
Paranormal Romance, Science Fiction,
Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24804505-forget-tomorrow



My Thoughts About This Cover

This is  one of those covers that I would have to call "eerily beautiful", because the image of that wing does have a rather sinister vibe. In fact, it gives me the creeps! Normally, I wouldn't have chosen such a dark-looking cover, but again I have fallen for the color blue.... (It just so happens that the colors on this cover match the ones on my blog,  too, so that might have something to do with my fascination, lol.) So this particular cover just mesmerizes me. Of course, there's no denying that it's a stunning cover, anyway.

I think that part of what makes this cover so eerie is that the wing is transparent, and you can see the bones beneath. it's almost as if it were really an x-ray. It's obviously a bird's wing, but could it also be one of the wings of the Angel of Death? I don't know....but a big hint could be the black wing tips.

Around the upper and lower edges of this wing, which takes up most of the cover space, one can see an even more sinister sight -- bands of ominous black birds flying in. Behind them, the sky is cloudy and stormy. Moonlight is peeking from beneath the mighty x-ray wing. There's also the ouline of what could be a door there. This is very mysterious.....

This is a very powerful image, and fits the plot of the book perfectly. The future looks bleak indeed...especially since the long bones in the wing, when counted, total the number 13.

I love the way the wing connects the title with the author's name, which has been strategically placed in the upper right-hand corner.  The huge wing just dominates the space, but is balanced by the bands of flying black birds.

The title font is nothing special, but that's fine, as it doesn't detract from the boldness and power of the cover image.

This is one of those unfortunate occasions on which I have been unable to find out any information about the brilliant cover artist....I need to buy this book as soon as I possibly can, because my curiosity about the artist is driving me crazy!  



***UPDATE!!***
The author, Pintip Dunn, has
identified the creator of
this brilliant cover as L.J. Anderson,
owner of Mayhem Cover Creations.
I have no further biographical
information.

Online Links
 



What do you think of this 
week's cover?
Please leave a comment
and let me know!










6 comments:

  1. This is another great cover and another great post Maria.

    In addition to everything that you mentioned, I think that the birds as well as the tumultuous sky give the picture an overall sense of chaos.

    The sky also gives me the feeling of cold dampness It seems that on such days the sky looks very much like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      Thanks so much for the kind words! Much appreciated!! :)

      Oh, there's definitely a sense of chaos here. it's like an omen of bad things to come....

      You're spot on about the sky's cold dampness, too. The weather is cold, damp, dark, and very ominous.....

      I SO wish I knew the name of this brilliant cover artist!

      Thanks for your thoughts!! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Maria, thanks for this amazing analysis! I learned some things about my own book cover! Lol! The brilliant cover artist is L.J. Anderson of Mayhem Cover Creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pintip!!

      Oh, I'm so HONORED that you've taken the time to stop by and comment on my post about the cover for your book! I GREATLY appreciate that!! I think this is the very first time an author has actually visited my blog and commented on my "Shelf Candy Saturday" post!

      You're very welcome for the analysis! I love to not only post beautiful book covers, but also explain why I love them.

      And now I know the name of the cover artist!! YAY!! I'm going to include it in the post now!!

      Thanks ever so MUCH for the comment, as well as for the information on the cover artist!!! You ROCK!! <3 :)

      Delete
  3. You really need to read this book. I loved it much more than I anticipated when I read the ARC. The author is really nice as well as she connected with me through Twitter when I posted my review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Oh, I know I do!! It sounds just AWESOME! And the author is definitely very nice. This was the very first time an author actually commented on an SCS post dedicated to their book. I was so pleasantly surprised!

      Now that I have your input, there's even MORE reason for me to read this book!

      Thanks for letting me know how good this book is, and for dropping by to comment!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)