Tuesday, February 16, 2016

First Chapter, First Paragraph No. 1: Blood Promise, by Richelle Mead



Welcome to First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday Intros,
hosted by Diane @

Every Tuesday, each participant
shares the first paragraph 
(sometimes two) from a book
they're reading,
or thinking about reading.


The book I've picked this week is....



Blood Promise
(Vampire Academy, Book 4)
Richelle Mead
Hardcover, 503 pages
Penguin Razorbill
August 25, 2009
Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy,
Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5996153-blood-promise



Chapter One

I WAS BEING FOLLOWED.

It was kind of ironic, considering the way I'd been following others for the last few weeks. At least it wasn't a Strigoi. I would have already known. A recent effect of my being shadow-kissed was the ability to sense the undead -- through bouts of nausea, unfortunately. Still, I appreciated my body's early warning system and was relieved my stalker tonight wasn't an insanely fast, insanely vicious vampire. I'd fought enough of those recently and kind of wanted a night off.  



I'm in the middle of Chapter 15 right now, and
it sure is exciting! Well, this series is
famous among PNR/UF/YA fans!




What do you think of my pick?
Have you read any of the books
in this series yet?
If so, what did you think?
If not, has the selection above
enticed you to do so?
Leave me a comment and
let me know!








16 comments:

  1. I seriously need to start reading this series :'( I'll make that a reading goal for this year haha :P

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carla!

      Oh, this is a terrific series!! I had been wanting to start it for the longest time, and finally did. It's part of my 2016 TBR Challenge, for which I signed up at the blog Bookish Lifestyle.

      Thanlo for stopping by and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  2. Maria - happy u joined us this week. Vampire stories are not for me but hope u enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diane!

      I just found out about this meme, and love the idea of quoting an entire paragraph! Kudos to you!

      I know that vampire stories are not for everyone. This one has good and bad vamps in it, though, and there's romance, too. I like this series almost, if not as much as, The Twilight Saga!

      Thanks for the welcome, and for commenting back!! :)

      Delete
  3. I've picked up the first book in this series a couple of times and considered reading it. Maybe soon. Liked the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kay!

      Oh, I LOVE this series!! In fact, I like it almost, if not as much as, The Twilight Saga. The narrator is very strong heroine, and there's great romance in it. Hope you enjoy it when you start on it!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  4. It's great to find a series you really enjoy. Don't think this particular one is my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Catherine!

      Yes, I'm definitely enjoying this one! The narrator is a very strong heroine, and I LOVE the romance! I know this type of story is not for everyone, though.

      Thanks for commenting back!! :)

      Delete
  5. The language pulled me in, but I know that the presence of vampires will turn me off...lol. So not my kind of read. But enjoy, and thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Laurel!

      Oh, the narrator of these books is a very strong heroine, and she's also very snarky! She's GREAT. But I know that not everyone enjoys reading this kind of thing.

      You're very welcome for my visit! Thanks to YOU for commenting back!! :)

      Delete
  6. I too am not a fan of vampires, paranormal fantasy etc. But I am glad you are enjoying it, the cover is lovely and I will recommend it to my vampire loving granddaughters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Judy!

      I know....not everyone likes vamps. This series has good and bad ones, though, and the good ones battle the bad ones! I love the strong heroine, who happens to be the narrator. I know your granddaughters will enjoy these books. In fact, they might have already read them, as they're very popular with the YA crowd.

      The cover is indeed lovely! All the covers are, but this one is especially so. That's another thing I like about this series.

      Thanks for commenting back!! :)

      Delete
  7. Mine has vampires this week too!
    Traveling with the Dead (James Asher #2) by Barbara Hambly at http://wp.me/pZnGI-tu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there!

      Vamps are a sure hit with YA crowd, as you probably know from the great success of The Twilight Saga. I like these books just about as much!

      I'll be sure to check out your own vampire book! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  8. I haven't read it, but my niece likes this series. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Donna!

      Oh, you should read it! it's very exciting! And I'm not surprised your niece likes it, as it's very popular with YA readers.

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)