Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #84: Rebel Spring,by Morgan Rhodes





This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers are
eagerly anticipating!!




Here's my choice for this week!



(Falling Kingdoms #2)
Hardcover, 416 pages
Razorbill
December 3, 2013
Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction


Goodreads Synopsis

Auranos has fallen and the three kingdoms—Auranos, Limeros, and Paelsia—are now united as one country called Mytica. But still, magic beckons, and with it the chance to rule not just Mytica, but the world...

When the evil King Gaius announces that a road is to be built into the Forbidden Mountains, formally linking all of Mytica together, he sets off a chain of events that will forever change the face of this land, forcing Cleo the dethroned princess, Magnus the reluctant heir, Lucia the haunted sorceress, and Jonas the desperate rebel to take steps they never could have imagined.







Why am I waiting on this book?

This is a fantasy novel.
That alone, even if it weren't part of
The Falling Kingdoms series,
would be more than enough to interest me.
I simply love fantasy!!
Anything mythical or supernatural
between the covers of a book
will absolutely fascinate me,
and it's been that way my entire life!
I love the unusual, the far-fetched,
the weird, even.
Just as long as I don't get scared...
too much, anyway.
Oh, Lothlorien!  Long have I wanted to
enter thy enchanted forest.....
all I can do is enter the pages
of fantasy novels!



What do you think of my choice?
What fascinating book(s)
are you eagerly anticipating
this week?





2 comments:

  1. The premise of this series sounds very good. The idea of a once free land under oppression fighting it's conquerors is an old idea but in many ways it is timeless. Have you read the first book?


    I hope to get to Lothlorien myself one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      So glad you like this book! I know the plot idea is a time-honored one, but I think it's also one that will always appeal to most of us readers, because the belief that freedom is of paramount importance is ingrained in the human psyche. I also think this type of thing would appeal to anyone who has actually suffered under a tyrannical regime.

      And, of course, we as Americans would find this very appealing, as well!!

      Thanks for another great comment!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)