Saturday, July 6, 2013

Shelf Candy Saturday #75: Forgiven, by Jana Oliver




Welcome to Shelf Candy Saturday!!



This weekly feature
showcases beautiful book covers,
and provides information,
if available, on their very talented creators!

For more information
about Shelf Candy Saturday,
just click HERE.


This is my choice for this week!



(The Demon Trappers #3)
Trade Paperback, 354 pages
St. Martin's Griffin
March 27, 2012
Paranormal Fiction, Urban Fantasy,
Young Adult Fiction



Why do I love this cover?

This is obviously a composite cover, and an absolutely stunning one!  All the component images fit so perfectly together -- the girl, who is cautiously checking behind her to see if she's being followed, the gorgeous, stylized wings in the center of the cover, the dark city, and the orange plumes of smoke.   They all make a very interesting, very compelling composition.

The wings remind me of those found in Egyptian art, although they're not quite similar.  Still, the effect is very exotic.

The title of this novel has been very strategically placed, and the font used is perfect.  It's graceful, yet doesn't overpower the images.

Although I do own this book, it's somewhere in this vast library I live in....so, when I find it, I'll come back and post the name of the cover artist.  Meanwhile, I invite you all to simply enjoy!




What do you think of this cover?
Leave me a comment
and let me know!







2 comments:

  1. Another interesting cover and great and insightful commentary as usual Maria.

    The city is what makes it for me. It is indeed dark and a bit ominous. Not a place one wants to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is wonderful. I got a little burnt out on overlays, but this one is done nicely. I like the city, surrounded by fire, fading into the character. Lovely choice.
    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)