Saturday, July 6, 2013

Stacking The Shelves #19: Family Magic, Blood Purple, Irish Folk & Fairy Tale Omnibus, and THREE Highland Guard Romances!!




This is a weekly event hosted by Jennifer, Lili,
Stephanie, Helen, and Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews!
(I have decided to start participating
every other week, though, because of
time constraints.)

As the title implies, this is all about
sharing the books you're adding
to your shelves, be they physical or virtual.
For the complete rules, and to sign up,
just click on the link above.



This week's haul!! 








Books Purchased

I have recently interviewed the author of
this very exciting YA paranormal novel,
and greatly enjoyed her answers.
The book itself promises to be
a great read!  That's why I could hardly wait
to get it from Amazon!
You can read the interview HERE.



Hardcover, 405 pages




I first saw this book on
the author's blog, and immediately
fell in love with the cover!
This novel presents a kingdom of vampires
originating in the Middle East,
with a fighting princess included!
Most of the reviews were positive,
so I ordered it right away!!



Trade Paperback, 159 pages





This one showed up on my radar
when I was preparing a
St. Patrick's Day post last year.
I have always been fascinated by fairy tales, and,
since I wasn't too familiar with Irish ones,
decided to purchase a book about them. 



Trade paperback, 656 pages






Books For Review

(Big thanks to TLC Book Tours!!)

I'm currently reading the latest book
in this wonderful series, titled The Hunter!
(See my sidebar.)
Each novel in this series has a totally
scrumptious cover!
All of these books feature great romance
and very exciting plots in
medieval Scotland and England!
The author of these wonderful romances is




Monica McCarty
Mass Market Paperback, 405 pages





Monica McCarty
Mass Market Paperback, 381 pages





Monica McCarty
Mass Market Paperback, 414 pages







What do you think of my haul?
What awesome books did you stack
on your shelves this week?




20 comments:

  1. The Ashley Nemer book does indeed have a beautiful cover. I do like the colors used. Very nice haul Maria. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Grace!

      Oh, I know -- I LOVE this cover!! But I also like the other covers!

      I'll be dropping over soon! Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  2. Ahhh so many pretties! I am in love with the cover for Blood Purple! Happy reading!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Teresa!

      Yeah, all these covers are AWESOME!! I just remembered -- I featured "Blood Purple" on my Waiting On Wednesday @78. I really should feature it in a Shelf Candy Saturday post, as well!

      Happy Reading to you, too! Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  3. The Irish Fairy Tale book looks really interesting. I also do not know much about the,. By the way, it's cover also looks great. It looks like there are some fascinating creatures in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      When I came across this book, I just KNEW I had to own it! I can't wait to get into it!! And yes, I LOVE the cover! As you say, there are indeed some fascinating creatures in it. I'll be finding out more, for sure!

      Thanks for the visit and comment!! : )

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of any of these but they look pretty interesting. I hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    My STS
    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mari!

      Oh, believe me, they are! And I LOVE all these covers!! I'm definitely going to enjoy reading these books!

      I'll be dropping over soon! Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these but some of them have such beautiful covers. Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Chrissi!

      Yes, they do, don't they? I know I'll enjoy reading these! Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  6. These books are all new to me but they all look great!

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sharon!

      Glad you like them, and I hope I've contributed to your TBR pile!

      Happy reading to you, too! Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  7. I bet Monica McCarthy's books will be yummy *wink* I also love that book about Irish folk and fairy tales - I bet it will be fascinating! Enjoy all, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kara!

      Oh, most DEFINITELY!! As for the book of Irish tales, I just know it'll be ENTHRALLING.

      Thanks for the visit and the great comment!! : )

      Delete
  8. It is great to discover something new. There are a couple here that I have not seen before, so I will have to do a little more digging.
    - Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Belle!

      I'm glad you discovered some new books! Hope you end up reading them, after you've found out more!

      Thanks for the visit and the comment!1 : )

      Delete
  9. NIce haul! that Blood Pure cover is really cool!

    Giselle @ Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Giselle!

      Glad you like my haul! Yes, I LOVE that cover, too!!

      Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  10. Nice Haul! Irish Fold and Fairy tales looks especially fun to read. Enjoy and Happy Reading!
    Here is my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jay!

      Yeah, this looks TERRIFIC!! I bought it on Ebay, which, along with Amazon, is a GREAT site to find more out-of-the-way books on!

      Thanks for commenting!! Heading over to your STS!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)