Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #54: Shadows In The Silence, by Courtney Allison Moulton





This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!


Here's my pick for this week!




(Angelfire #3)
Hardcover, 384 pages
Katherine Tegen Books
Expected Publication:
January 29, 2013 
Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy,
Young Adult


From the Goodreads Synopsis

The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.


As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.





I really enjoyed Angelfire, the first book
in this series!
Ellie is such a terrific character!
And she's fully matched by Will,
who is pledged to train her
in order to be a more effective warrior,
as well as have her back at all times.
Well, of course they end up
having certain forbidden feelings
for each other...


You can access my review of
Angelfire by clicking


Needless to say, I highly recommend
the first novel!!
Now I have to read the second one
so I can catch up and be ready
for the third one!!



What do you think of my choice?
What exciting books are you
yearning for this week?







14 comments:

  1. Hi, Maria!
    Angelfire was awesome! I'm really looking forward to this one. That synopsis reads so much like an old Supernatural promo- but that's a good thing, because I'm SPN obsessed!
    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plot summery kind of reminds me of a movie called The Prophecy. Christopher Walken played the archangel Gabriel in that one. Have you seen it Maria?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great book with a strong heroine which I love.

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still want to read Angelfire sometime-- it sounds really good. I love books with strong teenage heroines.

    I like the covers for the first two books in the series better, though. The girl on this cover's limbs are weirdly... disproportional to the rest of her body. It's bothering me! Anyway, hope you enjoy this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first two books were really good. I can't wait to read the third one. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. A GREAT BIG 'HELLO' AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO'S COMMENTED THUS FAR!!!

    I'm a bit strapped for time this week, but rest assured, I WILL reply individually to all of you! I will also be visiting your blogs in order to comment back!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Varsha!

    Yes, it's an incredibly terrific story! I, too, am obsessed with supernatural fiction!! Glad you liked my pick. Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey,Brian!

    I've never heard of this movie. And the plot of ANGELFIRE has similarities to it? Hmm...I'll have to check out this movie. Thanks for the comment! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Christina!

    I'm always interested whenever I find a novel that features a strong heroine!

    I'll be checking out your WOW just as soon as I can. thanks for the comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, there, Kat!

    I'm a sucker for books with strong teen heroines!! And this series definitely delivers!!

    You know, you've read my mind regarding the girl on this cover. I've had the same thoughts about her body proportions. They just don't look right. She looks alien rather than human -- well, a humanoid alien, anyway.

    This is a case where I'd like to read the book IN SPITE OF the cover. It would be nice if a future edition had a completely different one!

    Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Jenea!

    Oh, I agree! This is indeed a fantastic series! I'm glad you liked my pick, and I'll be checking out yours!

    Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Dani!

    You've got to read the first two books, too. I've only read the first one, which I loved, but I do have the second one on my TBR. (I also own it.)

    You're very welcome for the spotlight!

    Thanks for commenting,and I'll be checking out your WOW! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Em!

    I've only read the first one, but I'm sure the second one is just as awesome! I do own it, but I have yet to read it. So many books...

    Glad you liked my pick! I'll be checking out your WOW!

    Thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)