Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #53: Bitter Blood, by Rachel Caine




This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!


Here's my pick for this week!






(The Morganville Vampires #13)
Hardcover, 352 pages
NAL
Expected Publication:
November 6, 2012
Genres: Paranormal Romance,
Urban Fantasy, Young Adult


From the Goodreads Synopsis

Thanks to the eradication of the parasitic creatures known as the draug, the vampires of Morganville have been freed of their usual constraints. With the vampires indulging their every whim, the town’s human population is determined to hold on to their lives by taking up arms. But college student Claire Danvers isn’t about to take sides, considering she has ties to both the humans and the vampires.



To make matters worse, a television show comes to Morganville looking for ghosts, just as vampire and human politics collide. Now, Claire and her friends have to figure out how to keep the peace without ending up on the nightly news… or worse.








So here's yet another series I've been
wanting to get started on!!
This is one of the most well-known
vampire series around, too,
right along with
The Twilight Saga, Vampire Academy,
the Sookie Stackhouse collection,
and the House of Night series,
(which incidentally, I really
don't care much for).
So of course I have to get this series
(which does seem never-ending)
under my belt!
Besides, the premise of this
particular one is very intriguing...
I like the idea of vamps and humans
having to work out some kind
of truce.
And, one more thing...
this is perfect reading for
Halloween!!






What do you think of my choice?
What fascinating books
are you all eagerly awaiting
this week?






11 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one. Hope you enjoy this when you got it, though.
    Here's my Wednesday post.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice WOW!! I am currently reading book 8 Kiss OF Death. I read 1-7 then had a big break but I am now back on the MV marathon to catch up for this one:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually only read the first book in this series. I loved Shane but had a hard time staying interested. Happy to see the Charade Read Along button! Hope you are joining us!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choice! Can't go wrong with Rachel Caine. Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been a pretty popular pick lately! I'm still not sure if I will read it or not but it definitely looks interesting! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-gilded-wings-angel_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so behind with this series. I really need to get the books I'm missing soon. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already have this one on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Of course I'd have to finish books 11 and 12 first because I still haven't but I'm planing on reading them soon. Great pick! I hope you like Bitter Blood when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The idea of a "Ghost Hunter" type TV show in the vampire mix actually sounds like a clever idea. Since there is such a profusion of books like this out these days such an idea can prevent a series from seeming to be unoriginal. I wonder if the concept is handled with a little humor or it is played straight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle Sedeño:

    Hi, there! Actually, I have to start on the first book in the series, titled "Glass Houses". I've already ordered it on eBay.

    I've heard this is a great YA series, so I'm eager to start on it!

    I really liked your WOW! Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Michelle!

    I've just ordered books 1 to 6 from eBay, and looking forward to starting on this series! I guess you like them, if you've gotten this far!

    By the way, your WOW post is great!

    Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)