Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Teaser Tuesday No. 11: Moonlight Over Manhattan, by Sarah Morgan




Welcome to "Teaser Tuesday"!!


This meme is hosted by  Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker every week, and the rules are very simple.

RULES
* Grab you current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere
on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn't
give too much away! You don't want
to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title and author, too, so that other
TT participants can add the book to their
TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Note
Since I'm a slow reader, I don't have a new book
started every week. I am therefore going
 to bend the rules a little.....
I'll be featuring books I want to read,
that are currently sitting on my shelves. 
I've also made the teasers a bit longer
than stated in the rules above.


Here are my teasers! 

"You're too hard on yourself. Shrek would seem like a dream date compared to the last three guys I met."

"I've never been compared to Shrek before. I may need therapy to get over that one."

At least he had a sense of humor.
                                          -- Chapter 7, page 101


She was now the proud owner of a Christmas tree.

She was going to have to drag it, which probably wasn't going to do much for its appearance.

"I hope you're hardy. You're going to need to be, living with me."

The man went from grumpy to alarmed. "I'm not living with you."

"I was talking to the tree."
                                        -- Chapter 18, page 252




Moonlight Over Manhattan
(From Manhattan with Love, Book 6)
Sarah Morgan
Mass Market Paperback,  376 pages
HQN
November 28, 2017
Christmas Romance, Contemporary Fiction,
Humor


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33998332-moonlight-over-manhattan






   
She'll risk everything for her own Christmas miracle...

Determined to conquer a lifetime of shyness, Harriet Knight challenges herself to do one thing a day in December that scares her, including celebrating Christmas without her family. But when dog walker Harriet meets her newest client, exuberant spaniel Madi, she adds an extra challenge to her list--dealing with Madi's temporary dog sitter, gruff doctor Ethan Black, and their very unexpected chemistry.

Ethan thought he was used to chaos, until he met Madi--how can one tiny dog cause such mayhem? To Ethan, the solution is simple--he will pay Harriet to share his New York apartment and provide twenty-four-hour care. But there's nothing simple about how Harriet makes him feel.

Ethan's kisses make Harriet shine brighter than the stars over moonlit Manhattan. But when his dog-sitting duties are over and Harriet returns to her own home, will she dare to take the biggest challenge of all--letting Ethan know he has her heart for life, not just for Christmas?





I've read two Sarah Morgan Christmas romances so far, and I certainly want to read more! The two I've read were totally delightful, and kept me turning pages, laughing right along with the characters! This is the PERFECT time of year to have fun reading light, carefree stuff such as this! And Ms. Morgan is a master of the humorous dialogue, as well as the comedy of errors that is often part of romance!




What do you think of my teasers?
Are you interested in this book?
Please leave a comment, 
along with the link
to your own "Teaser Tuesday" post, 
and let me know!











4 comments:

  1. This one sounds hilarious:). I love a protagonist that talks to a Christmas tree - I regularly have conversations with the inanimate objects in my life...

    Great choice, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah!

      Oh, DEFINITELY!! As I mentioned in this post, I've already read two of Morgan's Christmas romances, and they have been SO FUNNY!! So I'm REALLY looking forward to reading this one! I don't know if I'll have the time to dive in, though, as I'm a slow reader, but I'll certainly try to fit it in before Christmas!

      Yeah, talking to trees -- I think that's actually endearing. I ADORE trees!! And I don't think it's crazy to talk to them, either. Lots of people talk to their plants, for example. And yes, inanimate objects, as well! There are men who talk to their cars, for instance. I talk to my teddy bears and other stuffed toys!! Lol.

      Glad you loved my choice!! <3 <3

      Thanks for commenting!! CHEERS!! <3 <3 <3 :) :_) :)

      Delete
  2. It definitely sounds like frothy holiday reading! Something all of us need after an exhausting year at work. Does she do a Christmas romance each year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sue!

      Yeah, this is truly DELICIOUS stuff!! Lol. Just the type of thing for the winter season and Christmas!!

      I'm not sure whether she does a Christmas romance each year. But I do know that I want to read any that she's already published!! I have GREATLY enjoyed the ones I've read so far!

      Thanks for commenting!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)