Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Teaser Tuesday No. 10: First Snow, by Nora Roberts




Welcome to "Teaser Tuesday"!!


This meme is hosted by  Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker every week, and the rules are very simple.

RULES
* Grab you current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere
on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn't
give too much away! You don't want
to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title and author, too, so that other
TT participants can add the book to their
TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Note
Since I'm a slow reader, I don't have a new book
started every week. I am therefore going
 to bend the rules a little.....
I'll be featuring books I want to read,
that are currently sitting on my shelves. 
I've also made the teasers a bit longer
than stated in the rules above.


Here are my teasers! 

Pandora waited until he was out of sight, then, smiling smugly, knelt down to ball snow. By the the time he got back, she calculated, she could have an arsenal at hand. He wouldn't have a chance. She took her time, forming and smoothing each ball into a sophisticated weapon. Secure in her advantage, she nearly fell on her face when she heard a sound behind her.    -- First Snow (A Will and a Way), Chapter 6, page118


"I love you, Hester." He murmured the words agaisnt her mouth, knowing she might not want to hear them but that it was something he had to say. If he said it enough, she might begin to believe the words, and more, the meaning behind them. -- First Snow (Local Hero), Chapter 10, page 398




First Snow: A Will and a Way,
Local Hero
Nora Roberts
Trade Paperback,  445 pages
Silhouette Books
October 24, 2017
Christmas Romance, Contemporary Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34005750-first-snow






  
A Will and A Way

Pandora McVie's life is tied up in knots. In order to respect her uncle Jolley's last wishes, she's stuck spending Christmas isolated in the Catskills with Michael Donahue, the co-beneficiary of her uncle's will. Jolley was a matchmaker to the end--and apparently for some time beyond. The infuriating Michael is hard to live with...but what's harder still is not falling in love with her nemesis.

Local Hero

After moving into a new Manhattan apartment and struggling to raise her son on her own, Hester Wallace doesn't have time for the holidays, let alone a romance. So when her neighbor Mitch Dempsey offers to watch her son, Radley, in the afternoons, she cautiously accepts. Yet the more time she spends with Mitch, the more difficult it becomes to deny the attraction. She's starting to rely on Mitch...and worse, she's letting him into her heart.




First Snow is actually an omnibus edition, a reissue of two previously-published short novels by Roberts. The cover captivated me right away! And then, of course, there's the UNBEATABLE combination of Christmas and romance! I hope to be able to get to this one this season!



What do you think of my teasers?
Are you interested in this book?
Please leave a comment, 
along with the link
to your own "Teaser Tuesday" post, 
and let me know!











2 comments:

  1. What a lovely cover and of course, being Roberts, the prose is smooth and accomplished! I hope you're enjoying this one, Maria:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah!

      Yes, this cover is indeed lovely!! And I agree about Roberts's prose! Not that I've read any of her books as yet, but I HAVE skimmed one on a visit to Barnes & Noble.

      I haven't actually started this one yet, but I might do so very soon!

      Thanks for commenting!! HUGS!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)