Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #56: Shades of Earth, by Beth Revis






This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!


Here's my pick for this week!



(Across the Universe #3)
Hardcover, 369 pages
Razorbill
Expected Publication:
January 15, 2013
Science Fiction, Romance,
Young Adult Fiction


From the Goodreads Synopsis

Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.







I'm nearly speechless.....
this sounds like such an amazing
ending to this series!!
And I've had the first two books
on my TBR pile for the longest time, too...
These books are classified
in three of my favorite genres,
so I should really make some time
to get all three under my belt!
Guess what my very first
New Year's resolution will be?







What do you think of my choice?
What terrific book(s)
are you all anxiously awaiting
this week?











12 comments:

  1. i was not a huge fan of across the universe, maybe because it was in space but i may give the series another shot.

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely reading this book when it comes out. I really like the first books in the trilogy and I would love to read this one as well. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the first book! I have to get to the second one still but then I'll be sure to finally read this one. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not heard of this series before but this sound super. The description reminds me of some of the older science fiction stories. Shades of Robert Heinlein, John Varley and Arthur C. Clarke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luna Moth, Kate:

    Hi! Although I haven't started this series yet, I definitely want to!

    Thanks for commenting, and I'll be checking out your WOWs!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Martina!

    I'm glad you liked the first two books -- sounds like this is a really great series! Hope you enjoy this one, too, when it releases!

    Thanks for commenting, and I'll be checking out your WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Brian!

    Hmmm...interesting! Perhaps this author was influenced by those writers. I really want to start this series. I do have the first two books, and hope to be able to get to it soon!

    Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Across the Universe-- it was a good sci-fi, but have yet to read the second book. Have to say I would have liked matching covers for this book and the first, but I think it matches the later paperback edition of Across the Universe (I only have the ARC). Anyway, hope you enjoy reading the first two books and this new one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Krystiana!

    Yes, I've heard that the first one was EXCELLENT! I do have it, and need to read it!! I also have the second book -- unread as well. And now I want this one, which I have to definitely get to someday!! Lol.

    Thanks for commenting!! I'll be checking out your blog!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Kat!

    I totally agree with you about the matching covers. The publisher of the Nightshade series, by Adnrea Cremer, did the same thing. Totally ticked off a LOT of bookworms, including this one!! Oh, well...too bad readers don't get a say in cover design...

    I want to complete the series, but I definitely have to get to the first book some time soon! Lol.

    Thanks for your great comment!! Gotta go visit you back, and leave a great comment, too!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely choice, I think the second book was better than the first and if this one's better than the second then I'll be blown away :-)

    regards,
    rowena of Beef Jerky

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)