Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Mystery Blogger Award




I was nominated for this award by AmyNikita @ A Magical World of Words, which is a wonderful blog all of you should check out! The creator of this award is Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma's Blog.

I no longer participate in either awards or book tags, as they're much too time-consuming for me. However, I have decided to make an exception for Amy, because she's such a nice blogger friend! Thanks, Amy!!

I'm participating in this award with one change, though: I will not be nominating any blogs for it. If anyone who reads this post wishes to participate, then just go for it! Leave a comment below, letting me know that you're participating, and include a link to your post, so I can go check it out!  :)


RULES

 * Include the award logo image in your post.
* List the rules.
* Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog! (See nomination rule below.)
* Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog, as well.
* Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
* You have to nominate 10 -20 people. (Again, I am not doing so, but if you wish to do this, go right ahead!)
* Notify each of your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog. (See nomination rule above.)
* Ask any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
* Share your link to your best post.



Three Things About Myself

1.) I am fluent in both English and Spanish, and know a little French, as well.
2.) I am TEAM EDWARD, but also love JACOB!!
3.) I am a pro-life feminist.



My Answers to Amy's Questions

1.) If you could marry one fictional character, who would it be?

It would DEFINITELY be Edward Cullen from The Twilight Saga! I find him so fascinating and ROMANTIC. Some people have accused him of being 'a controlling stalker', but I disagree. He just wants to protect Bella from himself as much as possible. And Bella DOES stand up to him, especially in the books. I would do the same thing!

2.) If you could live in one fictional world from a book or movie, where would it be?

Well, I really can't pick just ONE, lol. I would love to live in either Middle-Earth, or at Hogwart's. Both magical places are SO wonderful!!

3.) If you could enter a fairy tale, which fairy tale would it be?

Again I can't choose just one....lol. It would have to be either "Peter Pan", or "Beauty and the Beast". I would love to share in Peter's adventures, or be romanced by the Beast!

4.) What is your dream job?

I would love to be self-employed, spending my time on creative activities such as painting and writing. Currently, I don't have the financial means to spend all of my time doing these things. 

5.) Pick a villain you think could actually be good as a hero.

Gosh, this is hard..... I don't think there are that many villains who could be turned into heroes. Wait, there's one -- Julian, from The Forbidden Game, by L.J. Smith. He really did behave like a hero at times. I do wish that Smith had completely reformed him....

Random: If you had to choose between spending the rest of your life in an ocean of cold water, or in a scorching hot desert, which would you choose?

OMG!! What to do?! Well.....my first impulse was to pick the ocean, but, on second thought, I would pick the desert. Why? Because in the desert, I could find or invent something to keep myself cool. In the ocean, though, I would soon get tired of trying to keep myself afloat, and would drown.



My Questions

1.) Which character killed off by an author would you love to bring back from the dead? Why?

2.) Would you ever consider reading a book in spite of many negative reviews? Why or Why not?

3.) What kind of prose style do you prefer -- lyrical and poetic, or simple and unadorned?

4.) If you LOVE the Young Adult Fiction genre, please explain why.

5.) Which book(s) you've read in the past have you been tempted to throw across the room, and why?

Random: You can save a friend's life by either agreeing to live on an uninhabited moon for a year, or agreeing to become part of a drug cartel for a year. Which would you choose?




My Best Post 

I really don't know which to pick...
but I think my most important one is
my book review of Why We Can't Wait , by
Martin Luther King, Jr. 



Thanks again to AmyNikita for nominating me!
Thanks as well to all of my 
blog readers and commenters!
If any of you reading this feel inclined to participate,
just follow the rules above. 
I know there are many GREAT
book bloggers out there who certainly deserve this award!!





6 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD MARIA I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR ANSWERS!! And YAY for being a feminist! *high five*
    I would also love to share in Peter's adventures or be romanced by the Beast! And I didn't know you loved painting, THAT IS SO AWESOME!!

    Thanks for participating!! <3 <3 HUGS HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amy!

      Aw....THANK YOU!!!! You're SO sweet!! I'm very happy you LOVE my answers!!

      I've been a feminist for a long time! *high fives back*

      As you can see from my fairy tale choices, I'm a bit of a tomboy at heart, but still, LOVE, LOVE LOVE romance!!! So I would join Peter in his adventures by day, and dance away the night with the Beast....lol.

      As for painting, I was an art major in college, but never had the chance to work in that field... I hope to get back to it some day.... :)

      Thanks for the GREAT questions! You're very welcome for my participation!! And thanks for the TERRIFIC comment!! HUGS BACK!!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Maria,

    Though time consuming these awards can be so interesting as they get Bloggers talking about themselves.

    Hogwarts and Middle Earth area favorite fantasy world that people wish to live in. Both are very appealing. Bit there is death and destruction both Universes. On the other hand I cannot think of too many utopian Universes that seem appealing. Maybe a little strife is necessary to keep life stimulating.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      Yes, you're right about that! The time-consuming part is searching out other blogs to nominate. Many bloggers don't want to participate, while others already have, so it makes it harder to find bloggers who ARE interested, and haven't participated before. But otherwise, these things can indeed be fun, and I do like getting to know other bloggers!

      I would LOVE to live in either of these fantasy worlds because, while they are indeed full of death and destruction, they are also full of heroic deeds and high adventure! There are very important issues involved, instead of the pettiness we see n everyday life.... Besides, it would be SO nice to be able to do the dishes with a wave of a magic wand! Lol.

      Hope you have a great week, too!! Thanks for the AWESOME comment!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  3. I just knew you would marry Edward! Bet you would have a great life together too. There is no way I could chose the ocean or the desert. I guess I would go with desert because you can sit in front of an AC or fan and read and it would be really hard to read while floating in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Of course I would marry Edward!! And I know we'd have a great life together, too. He can be a lot of fun, when the issue of not hurting me has been resolved.

      Yeah, it would be really hard to read in the ocean! Lol. On land, though, there's always something that can be done to make the situation more tolerable, ane, eventually, be able to read. Lol.

      Thanks for your great comment!! <3 :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)