Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It gives us bloggers the opportunity to share our news, on and off our blogs! We can post about our most recent blog posts, books acquired, and anything else we'd like to share with our fellow book bloggers. Although this is a weekly meme, bloggers can participate on a monthly basis, if they so desire. For the hop rules, click HERE. To link up to this week's post, please click on Sunday Post, 1/8/17.
HAPPY (BELATED) NEW YEAR!! I'm very excited to be participating in this meme for the first time! I will probably be doing so on a monthly basis, or perhaps on a biweekly basis. I'll play it by ear.
Let me introduce myself: my name is Maria Behar, and I live in Miami, Florida, where Santa visits on a surfboard, lol. I have two book blogs -- A Night's Dream of Books, which is mostly dedicated to YA fiction, although I also review adult books on it, and MindSpirit Book Journeys, which is dedicated to classics, literary fiction, and nonfiction. I'm so happy to meet you all!!
New Year's Celebration!!
Last week, my husband and I returned from a trip to Key West! We left on Thursday, 12/29, and got back on Wednesday, 1/3. It was SO much fun!! First we visited the Hemingway House Museum, which was so fascinating.... We joined a tour, and got to know more about the life of this great American writer. Then I visited the Gift Shop (of course!), and bought two of his books -- A Farewell to Arms, and Collected Poems, plus a museum guidebook. Here are some pics!
I also bought three books about Key West, at the Key West Art and Historical Society! Here are pics of the books I bought.
Hubby and I ate at several excellent restaurants, our favorite being "Fogarty's", on Duval Street, which serves AWESOME burgers! That was where we also celebrated New Year's Eve. We also visited "Señor Frogs", where they were playing great music! We didn't dance, though; instead, we just listened and sipped our drinks.
I took so many pictures! I couldn't possibly share them all here, but I will post a few. Key West has such nice artistic vibes to it, and the sunsets are spectacular! Also, the houses in the older parts of the city are just so picturesque! I'm already missing it....
New Year (Bookish) Resolutions
1. Stop buying printed books for at least SIX months. This is really important! I'm running out of room on my shelves. E-books are not my preferred reading format, but I do read them from time to time. I guess I'll have to read more of them now..... Not only do they save space, but they're frequently cheaper than printed books. (Not always, though.)
2. Read the books I already own! Some of them have been sitting on my shelves for YEARS. As for e-books, I have more than 100 of them on my Android phone's Kindle app, and most of them are unread, too.
3. Strike a balance between my two blogs. MindSpirit Book Journeys needs more of my attention.
4. Strike a balance between blogging and reading. Sometimes my blogging does get in the way of my reading, and I am a slow reader, so that makes it worse.
5. Cut down on blog tour posts. They can not only be stressful, but they usually don't get many comments.
6. Publish more blog updates on Twitter and Facebook. I often get behind on this task.
Favorite December Read
This was such a DELIGHTFUL read! The female protagonist is a gutsy person who is determined to put the past behind her and start a new life. I really admire her determination! The guy she falls for is so sweet and, needless to say, sexy! Also, there's a heroic dog included. This was the PERFECT Christmas-themed romance!
Last Week of December On A Night's Dream of Books
Last Week of December On MindSpirit Book Journeys
First Week of January on A Night's Dream of Books
Shelf Candy Saturday No. 194: EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING Beautiful Cover Giveaway!!
Upcoming Reviews on A Night's Dream of Books
Other memes I'm joining in 2017
I'm going to be joining this meme, which is hosted by the blog Mom with a Reading Problem. Originally, it was posted weekly. It will now be posted on the first Monday of every month, which suits me just fine! Look for my post on the first Monday in February!