Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #139: The Chess Queen Enigma, by Colleen Gleason




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!


Here's my choice for this week!



The Chess Queen Enigma
 (Stoker & Holmes, Book 3) 
Hardcover, 360 pages
Chronicle Books
October 6, 2015
Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Mystery,
Paranormal Fiction, Romance, Science Fiction,
Steampunk,Young Adult Fiction

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23565495-the-chess-queen-enigma?ac=1







Evaline Stoker and Mina Holmes have reluctantly agreed to act as social chaperones and undercover bodyguards for Princess Lurelia of Betrovia, who has arrived in London to deliver a letter that details the secret location of an ancient chess queen that's been missing for centuries. But when the letter—which will heal a centuries-old rift between England and the Betrovians—is stolen out from under Evaline and Mina's watchful eyes, the two girls are forced into a high-stakes race to ensure they find the chess queen before anyone else does. The Stoker and Holmes series is as culturally popular and compulsively readable as the Sherlock Holmes stories and Dracula were in the Victorian era.
  

 
Why I'm waiting on this one!

This is truly an exciting combination of talents!
I know I'm going to love this book!
Besides, Sherlock Holmes is my favorite
detective of all time, so anyone related
to him will immediately get my 
interest! And I assume that Bram Stoker's
sister will be the Buffy of her day!
Throw in some Steampunk, and
I've found another series to love!!
Now I need to get Books 2 & 3!!




What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!







6 comments:

  1. Ooh! This is new to me but I'm fascinated! I haven't read many steampunk so I'm game for this one. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ItchingforBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't think I've ever heard of this series and I have obviously been missing out! Sounds great! Thanks for sharing, Maria - I'm adding it to my TBR! :-D

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to start this series so can I say how happy I am to see a cover that works so well with the previous ones. I hate it when they do cover changes midway through the series. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Shane!

    Yeah, when I came across this book, I thought to myself, "I've just GOT to get this one!!" I LOVE the combination of elements -- the Stoker and Holmes family descendants joining forces, the Steampunk angle, the mystery.... This one is DEFINITELY a winner!! And now I need to start at the beginning of the series!

    Glad you liked my pick! You're very welcome for the share, and thanks for dropping by and commenting!!

    Happy Wednesday to you, too!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Baggins!

    You know, that's EXACTLY how I felt when I came across this book! Like....WOW. Now I need the whole series! So I'm glad to see you're fascinated, as well!

    You're very welcome for the share! Thanks to you for visiting and commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Barb!

    I was very pleasantly surprised when I discovered this novel, too! And I totally agree with you about covers. Remember the Nightshade series, by Andrea Cremer? I STILL don't know why the publisher totally changed the cover styles. that REALLY ticked me off!! I still went ahead and read the complete trilogy, but I grumbled about this all the way through!!

    Glad you like my choice! Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)