Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stacking The Shelves #11





This is a weekly event hosted by Jennifer,
Lili, Stephanie, and Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews!
As the title implies, this is all about
sharing the books you're adding
to your shelves, be they
physical or virtual.  For the complete
rules and to sign up, just click on the link above. 



This week's haul!!




Since my tastes are very eclectic,
so are my book acquisitions!
This week, I have a combination of
young adult and adult novels,
as well as a fascinating nonfiction book!



Giveaway Prize

Thanks to Kara @ Nocturnal Book Reviews
for the giveaway in which I won
this book about
powerful women of the Renaissance!
I can't wait to read it!!




The Deadly Sisterhood: A Story of Women, Power, and Intrigue 
in the Italian Renaissance
Hardcover, 448 pages
Harper Collins
April 2, 2013
Biography, Feminism, History, Nonfiction





Purchases

I saw both of these at a bookstore
near my day job, and
snatched them up before anyone else
could get their hands on them!
Now I need to get the first book in
this series, which I have long
wanted to read!



Pandemonium
(Delirium #2)
Hardcover, 384 pages
Harper Collins
February 28, 2012
Dystopian Fiction, Romance,
Young Adult Fiction





Requiem
(Delirium #3)
Lauren Oliver
Hardcover, 432 pages
Harper Collins
March 5, 2013
Dystopian Fiction, Romance,
Young Adult Fiction





When I first saw this book,
while browsing on Amazon one day, I was immediately captivated by the cover,
which I featured in
my "Shelf Candy Saturday #64" post.
This is a vampire romance novel.
I just can't get enough of those!




Falling from Eternity
Trade Paperback, 188 pages
CreateSpace
December 4, 2012
Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Young Adult Fiction




This book has been
an international bestseller for years,
and I've had it on my TBR list
for quite a while.
It's garnered several literary awards,
which you will see mentioned on the GR page.
I featured the paperback cover,
which is very similar to this one,
in my "Shelf Candy Saturday #66" post.
I'm hoping to get to this novel
sometime this year....



Sophie's World: A Novel About the History of Philosophy
(Paulette Moller, translator)
Hardcover, 518 pages
Perfection Learning
January 1, 2010
Literary Fiction, Philosophy






For Review


I received this from TLC Tours,
and will be reviewing it next month.
I've already started reading it,
and it's fascinating!
Adam Hope is definitely not from
our world....



The Enchanted life of Adam Hope
Trade Paperback, 432 pages
Ecco
April 23, 2013
Magic Realism, Romance, Science Fiction







So what do you think of my haul?
What interesting books
did you stack your shelves with
this week?






7 comments:

  1. O_O, The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope sounds really good, Maria! I hope you enjoy all your wonderful reads and I am glad The Deadly Sisterhood arrived safely. Have a great read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to be a bunch of great books. The Deadly Sisterhood in Particular looks to be intriguing. Such an interesting time and people. Sophie's World also looks so very offbeat and interesting. I am putting both on my TBR. I am really curious to read your thoughts on them when you have read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! Requiem has been on my TBR list for a long time! I've heard great things about it! Happy reading!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice selection of books here. I see that you and me have some things in common. I'm pretty sure that the Megan Duncan was on sale in the Kindle Store a few weeks ago. I like Vampire novels.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not familiar with these books but I hope you enjoy reading them when you do :)
    Stacking the Shelves
    Check This Out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...all of these sound good! I can't wait for your reviews, especially for The Deadly Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really must get to reading Pandemonium. I've had it sitting on my shelf for absolutely ages! Looking forward to reading your review on it.

    My STS

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)