Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday No. 37: Love, Life, and the List, by Kasie West





Welcome to "Can't Wait Wednesday"!
   
This is a weekly event hosted by
Tressa @ Wishful Endings, and inspired by "Waiting On Wednesday", which used to be hosted by
 Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

For more information, please click HERE.

As in the previous meme, this one showcases future releases  we book  bloggers 
are eagerly anticipating!!
There's also a Linky widget, so participating blogs can link up!



Here's my choice for this week!



 Love, Life, and the List
Kasie West
Hardcover,  384 pages
HarperTeen
December 26, 2017   
Art, Contemporary Romance,
Young Adult Fiction

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35520012-love-life-and-the-list








Everyone knows Abby Turner is in love with her best friend, Cooper Wells. Including Cooper Wells. But despite what people tell her, it doesn’t affect their friendship. And she’s practically over it, anyway. What she really can’t get over is when her boss at the local museum tells her that her paintings lack heart.

Art is Abby’s passion and she hopes her future as well. She is determined to change his mind and earn her way into the upcoming exhibit at the gallery. So along with her family’s help, she compiles “The Heart List,” a series of soul-stretching experiences that are sure to make her a deeper person and better artist in six weeks or less. When Cooper decides to complete the list along with her, she realizes this list is expanding her heart in more ways than one. Maybe she needs to start another project.

Love, Life, and the List is about a girl who, in an effort to bring more emotional depth to her art, compiles a list of soul-stretching experiences to complete with her best friend — a boy she also happens to be in love with.

This is the first in a set of three standalone books with crossover characters.


Why I can't wait for this one!

This novel's female protagonist is an artist, which is something I find SO FASCINATING! She's not simply longing for  "her guy", but is actively interested in bringing more depth to her art. The fact that her best friend and crush decides to complete this wonderful list right along with her is a bonus. The most important thing, though, is that she's willing to work on herself in order to be a better artist, and thus, exhibit her work at the local museum gallery. I find this INSPIRING!! 

Another HUGE PLUS is that this book is by the author of another book I featured in a "WOW" post in December of last year -- By Your Side!!








I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: Pivot Point and its sequel Split Second. And my contemporary novels: The Distance Between Us, On The Fence, The Fill-In Boyfriend, PS I Like You, and By Your Side. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.

 I graduated from Fresno State University with a BA degree that has nothing to do with writing.   

 I am the mother of four -- three daughters and one son.  We live in Central California where the summers try to kill us with their 115 degree stretches.  

  I love sappy alternative rock ballads and reading way past my bedtime.






What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)! 







26 comments:

  1. This is wonderfully inspiring and while the crush is there, it's faded somewhat. I appreciate that totally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Yeah, this is DEFINITELY a very inspiring novel! I like the fact that her crush is also doing the items on her list, right along with her!

      Thanks for commenting!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Your reason for wanting to read this one is literally EXACTLY my reason too! That heroine sounds so inspiring and empowering and just plain awesome. I'm not big on art myself, but YA needs more arty heroines, so I'm sold :)

    Great pick, Maria! HUGS!!! <3 <3 :) :) :)

    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amy!

      I'm glad you agree that this book has an AWESOME female protagonist! And yes, we DO need more "arty heroines" in YA fiction!! ABSOLUTELY!! It's WONDERFUL to see how this one takes charge of her life and career, instead of moaning and whining. YAAAAY!!!! :)

      Thanks for the GREAT comment!! HUGS RIGHT BACK AT YA!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  3. I love the reason why you picked this book. I'm always for female empowerment. I hope you enjoy Love, Life and the List -Kasie West has so many books coming out.

    Happy readings!;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tania!

      YAAAAAY!! SO GLAD you agree about my reasons for picking this book! We DEFINITELY need more empowered female protagonists in YA fiction!!

      I recently discovered Kasie West, and she sure does have a LOT of great books out!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! Happy readings to you, too!! <3 :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so behind when it comes to Kasie West's books but I wanna read all of them at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephanie!

      YAAAAY!! SO GLAD you agree on her books being great!! But now worries on not having read any of them, as I haven't read a single one (yet!) wither! Lol.

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  5. I just saw someone going on and on about this book on Booktube. I'm pretty sure you'll love it. I've not read a Kasie West book but I know she is a fave of many. I really hope you like it! Have a wonderful week. WOOF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Oh, I'll have to check out that video on Booktube! Thanks for letting me know!! :) :)

      Yeah, I will DEFINITELY love this book, because I LOVE art, as well as female empowerment!

      Hope you're having a great Saturday!! HUGS TO YOU & THE BOYS!! WOOF, WOOF, TOO!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  6. I hadn't heard of this one. I love the way the heroine sounds. Hope you enjoy it when you read it! My Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Laura!

      I recently discovered Kasie West myself, and I want to read more of her books. This one, though, is EXTRA special to me, because of the art theme, and of how proactive she is about her art!! I know I'll LOVE it when I read it!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  7. I have not read anything by Kasie West yet, but I may change it with this book. I love best friend romances ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lillian!

      I haven't, either. And I think my first Kasie West book will be this one! I LOVE the themes of art and female empowerment in it!!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  8. I am so excited to read this book as well! I pretty much love anything by Kasie West. I hope that we both enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there!

      SO GLAD you're excited about this book, too! Yeah, I KNOW I'm going to enjoy it! I have recently discovered this author, and this will probably be the first of her books I'll be reading!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't read any books by Kasie West yet, but this sounds great! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ronyell!

      SO GLAD you like my pick! This will probably be the first of West's books I'll be reading, as I LOVE its themes of art and female empowerment!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  10. Kasie West is one of those authors that I will always pick up. I hope you enjoy it. Great pick.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jenea!

      Oh, you're read some of her books? GREAT! This one will probably be my first.

      Glad you like my pick!! :)

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  11. Yes, yes, yes! I just adore Kasie West's writing and stories and am so excited for this next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sara!

      Oh, how GREAT to hear that West's books are so wonderful that you adore them! :)

      This particular book will most likely be the first of her books I read. I LOVE the themes of art and female empowerment!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  12. What a great WoW pick, Maria! This book sounds wonderful! I've only read one Kasie West book (The Distance between Us), but I loved it and really need to read more from her. Thanks so much for sharing! *GINORMOUS TACKLE HUGS* <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michele!

      Oh, THANK YOU!! Yes, this book certainly does sound wonderful! The themes of art and female empowerment are what drew me to it, and it will most likely be my first West book.

      So you've read "The Distance Between Us"? I'll be checking that one out on Goodreads! Thanks for the rec!!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! Thanks for such a lovely comment!! SUPER SQUISHY TACKLE HUGS FOR YOU & MCKENZIE!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  13. This sounds fun and all of her books seem to have such fun, happy covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Greg!

      Yeah, it does!! And I agree about the fun, happy vibe of these covers!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)