Friday, July 1, 2016

Book Blogger Hop No. 56: Requesting Comment Reply Notification




Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop,
hosted by Billy @


For more information, click HERE.


What to Do

1.) Post on your blog answering this week's
question:

When you comment on a blog post,
do you ask to be notified when 
there are replies?

(submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

2.)  Enter the link to your post in the
Linky list on Billy's blog.

3.)  Visit other blogs on the list and
comment on their posts. 

4.)  Be sure to find out next week's
question when you visit
Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer!


My Answer

It depends on the post, and how frequently I visit a blog. If I find a post utterly fascinating, and am actually following the discussion in the comments section, then, yes, I do request to be notified. Most of the time, though, I avoid requesting these notifications, simply because my inbox is actually FLOODED with emails from various sources. I don't really have the time to go through all of them in order to decide which ones to delete. So I do try to limit these requests. Besides, I make a point of going back to read comment replies for posts from my favorite bloggers, as I'm very interested in their reaction to my comments. Of course, I'm referring to bloggers who do reply to comments made on their posts. There are bloggers who don't do this, unfortunately. Naturally, I don't go back to those blogs to see how they reacted to my comments! Lol.
     


What are your thoughts?
Please leave a comment,
and I'll go check out your post!





8 comments:

  1. I tend to not request notifications for the same reason but I do go back and check if I asked a question or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katherine!

      Yup, I do the very same thing! I have enough emails coming in already as it is!

      Thanks for commenting!! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!! :)

      Delete
  2. If I am really interested in knowing what others have said and if they commented on my post, I ask for notification.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Elizabeth!

      I think that's a great thing to do! I only do it when I'm participating in a discussion in the comments section, and also when I'm interested in what my favorite bloggers have replied to my comments.

      There's really no point in requesting notification when a blogger never replies to comments on their blog.

      Thanks for always stopping by and commenting!! Have a GREAT Fourth of July weekend!! :)

      Delete
  3. I feel as you do Maria. I turn it on if I am interested in the topic. Otherwise it is impossible to keep up with all the comments. For a few blogger, including yourself I usually turn it it on as your replies are always insightful and interesting.

    There are however, times when I forget to check the box when I meant to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      Yes, this seems the best approach to take. It is indeed impossible to keep up with all the comments!

      You know, I've noticed that, for some mysterious reason, I often get the following notification in my inbox: "Mail Delivery Subsystem: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)". The first time I opened such a notification, I was informed that a comment I had posted on a blog post had not been "delivered". This happens even when I don't request notification. The first time I received this type of message, I was puzzled. So I went back to the blog in question to double-check. Sure enough, my comment had been published. These weird messages come from Google, and they treat my comments like emails sent to the blogger! I've just checked my "spocktrekone" inbox, and saw one. This is a very annoying thing, as these messages clutter up my inbox, and I have to delete them.

      Like you, I really only keep track of a few bloggers whose comments and replies I'm really interested in. i don't request notification for them, as I always go back to these blogs to see what they replied. Of course, you're one of those bloggers!

      Thanks for the compliment, by the way! I find your comments to be insightful and interesting, too!

      Just to let you know, I'm behind on my posts, so I won't be posting "Shelf Candy Saturday" again until next Saturday. I'm preparing the post ahead of time.

      Thank you for another wonderful comment!! I hope you and your family have a VERY happy Fourth of July!! :)

      Delete
  4. I tend to do the same - only request a notification if it's a discussion I really need to follow and it's a blog I might not visit again in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kym!

      Yep, I think most of us bloggers all do the same thing. Getting comment notifications sure clutters up the ol' inbox! Lol.

      Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)