Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #137: Their Fractured Light, by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!


Here's my choice for this week!




Their Fractured Light
 (Starbound, Book 3) 
Hardcover, 400 pages
Disney-Hyperion
December 1, 2015
Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction, 
Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13138736-their-fractured-light?ac=1







A year ago, Flynn Cormac and Jubilee Chase made the now infamous Avon Broadcast, calling on the galaxy to witness for their planet, and protect them from destruction. Some say Flynn’s a madman, others whisper about conspiracies. Nobody knows the truth. A year before that, Tarver Merendsen and Lilac LaRoux were rescued from a terrible shipwreck—now, they live a public life in front of the cameras, and a secret life away from the world’s gaze.

Now, in the center of the universe on the planet of Corinth, all four are about to collide with two new players, who will bring the fight against LaRoux Industries to a head. Gideon Marchant is an eighteen-year-old computer hacker—a whiz kid and an urban warrior. He’ll climb, abseil and worm his way past the best security measures to pull off onsite hacks that others don’t dare touch.


 When a LaRoux Industries security breach interrupts Gideon and Sofia’s separate attempts to infiltrate their headquarters, they’re forced to work together to escape. Each of them has their own reason for wanting to take down LaRoux Industries, and neither trusts the other. But working together might be the best chance they have to expose the secrets LRI is so desperate to hide.


  
Why I'm waiting on this one!

I have the first book of this series,
and the second one is in my
humongous TBR. Now I'm adding
this one! All the covers are
absolutely gorgeous, and, from most of
the reviews I've read, this is an
exciting series!  So I need 
to catch up soon!!


What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!









14 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series but it does look really good! Good choice!

    My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Melissa!

    Yeah, this series has received rave reviews! I have the first book, so I need to get started on it!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria, not read this although it does look interesting, kind of reminds me of William Gibson. The one I'm waiting impatiently for is the new Laszlo Krasznahorkai book Destruction and Sorrow beneath the Heavens: Reportage, as he is one of my favourite writers, whom I've described as a writer who's shopping list I'd read due to his writing ability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found out that Amie Kaufman is Australian! I will have to check this out -- it's a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESSS. I hope that cover is released soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this series yet but I heard a lot about it. It's in my TBR list though.


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Parrish!

    Yes, I can see where this novel has some similarities with the ones written by William Gibson.

    As for this new novel by Krasznahorkai, I must confess I've never heard of it -- or him -- before. A quick Google search gave me the information that he's a Hungarian writer, and winner of the 2015 Man Booker Prize, which is indeed impressive. I found the novel on Amazon, and read the synopsis there. It looks very interesting! So I'm adding it to my TBR list on Goodreads.

    Thanks so much for putting this one on my rader, as well as for dropping by and commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. i Maria , I hope if you get a chance to read this writer you'll enjoy him as much as I do. Here a couple of posts that I wrote about some of his previous books if you'd like to find out a little more about this relatively unknown but fascinating writer.

      http://parrishlantern.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/war-war-laszlo-krasznahorkai-reaction.html?m=1

      http://parrishlantern.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/satantango-laszlo-krasznahorkai-iffp.html?m=1

      Delete
  8. Hi, Verushka!

    Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting!

    This series is really great, from what I've heard. Hope you can start on it soon!

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Amber! I do, too!! Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Ayanami!

    Yes, this is supposed to be a TERRIFIC series! Hope you can get to it soon!

    You're very welcome for my visit! Thanks for commenting back!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved both other books in this series! Hope this one is just as good!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. The First Two Books were so good. I love this series and can't wait to get my hands on this one either. Great pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)