Saturday, January 7, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday #1: Bloodrose, by Andrea Cremer




This wonderful book meme/blog hop
is hosted by

Stephanie @


The purpose of this feature is to display a favorite
book cover, with information, if available,
about the cover illustrator, photographer,
and/or designer.

For all the participation rules just click



For my first post, I'm showing some
cover love to:




Andrea Cremer
Hardcover, 406 pages
Philomel Books
Published January 3, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance,
Urban Fantasy


Although red is not my favorite color, I was immediately attracted to this cover when I first saw it.  The photograph is excellent, and I love the way the furry hood frames the model's face.  She's looking toward the wolf coming up behind her, and her expression is one of wary expectation, as if she's not sure if this beautiful animal is friend or foe.  I also like the way the tones of red are handled.  It looks either as if dawn is breaking, or night is falling.  All in all, I think it's a very striking cover, as are the first two covers of this trilogy.

Two of my readers mentioned something I forgot to include in this post -- the lettering, with the spot of dripping blood.   Thus, I decided to come back and add it to my original statements.  The title of the book is done in very stark, classical lettering, so that spot of blood stands out even more!  This is the final touch that makes this cover what it is -- true eye and shelf candy!


The artists:

Photographer



Ms. Revere is known as a photographer
for the fine arts, fashion,
and music industries.


Cover Designer
(photo unavailable)

Ms. Evangelista has designed
several covers for
a division of
Penguin Group (USA), Inc.




What do you think of my choice?
What gorgeous covers have 
you showcased this week?





8 comments:

  1. I love this cover!
    When I saw this entry I thought it was a great idea! So I wrote one too! haha :) Hope you have a great weekend!
    ~Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this cover. Everything from the photo to the lettering with the droplet of blood to the background and colors all work so well together.
    Penguin has some of the best designers. Thanks for sharing. Great Shelf Candy post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is totally great! I love the blood dripping off of the O in the title. Great shelf candy! New follower.[:

    -ShawnaLeAnn @ Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Steph! Yeah, this cover is just...GORGEOUS!! And now nice that you're joining this blog hop! It is indeed a GREAT idea!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, too, and thanks so much for the super nice comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Steph (FABR)!

    Yes, this cover is just AWESOME. I should have mentioned the lettering, when I wrote the post. How could I have forgotten? It adds the final touch to this cover, after all! So I'll go back to the post and put it in. Thanks for reminding me!

    You're very welcome for the share, and thank YOU for the lovely comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Shawna!

    You're the second person to mention that drop of blood dripping off the letter "O"! Lol. I don't know how I overlooked that...so I went back and mentioned it in the post.

    Thank you so much for the comment and the follow!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh... Great idea! And great choice, too. When I saw around Bloodrose, I thought it was completely different from Nightshade - I had to read through the blurb and then blink and think twice before I realized!

    So, yes. This is a great cover that almost gets me interested in the series in and of itself! Thanks for sharing, Maria!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Ron!

    Oh, you should DEFINITELY read this series!! It's absolutely GREAT!!! I ordered this book from Amazon two days before it was released, and I got it in the mail on the 6th!!! I can't wait to start reading it, since I already have the first two volumes in the trilogy under my belt. And I LOVED them!!!!

    This cover is a true work of art, I think! It's so beautifully designed! I'll be a permanent member of the Shelf Candy Saturday blog hop from now on, because I'm a sucker for beautiful covers!!!

    You're very welcome for the share, and thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)