Sunday, August 5, 2012

On My Bookshelves #29




My Sunday book meme
highlights books that I own,
but have somehow never gotten to,
as well as those wonderful books
I would love to re-read!!

 

Here are my picks for this week!




(Angelfire #2)
Hardcover, 516 pages
HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books
January 31, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance,
Urban Fantasy

From the Goodreads Synopsis

Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.



I have read the first book in this series,
and loved it!!
So I have to get started on
this one, to see what happens
with this great story,
which combines non-stop action
with a very imaginative mythology,
as well as the stirrings
of an unforgettable romance!






Hardcover, 336 pages
Simon & Schuster
Books for Young Readers
May 1, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance


From the Goodreads Synopsis

Ever since the death of her parents, Miranda has lived on Whym Island, taking comfort in the local folklore, which claims a mysterious sea witch controls the fate of all on the island and in its surrounding waters. Sometimes it’s just easier to believe things are out of your control.    

But then a terrible boating accident takes the lives of several of her friends, and Miranda is rescued by a mysterious boy who haunts her dreams. Consumed by guilt from the accident, she finds refuge in late-night swims—and meets Christian, a boy who seems eerily familiar, but who is full of mystery: He won’t tell her where he is from, or why they can only meet at the beach.




I bought this one at Barnes & Noble
not too long ago,
pulled in by the gorgeous cover!
Black and white covers
can be very effective, with lots of
visual appeal.
Besides the cover, though,
I was also pulled in by the the plot,
which contains mystery
and paranormal elements,
mixed in with romance.
Right up my alley!



What do you think of my choices? 
Do you have
either of these books,
and if so,
have you read them?




2 comments:

  1. Your post really made me think about unread books on the bookshelf! It sounds as if you have not had these all that long. I have books sitting around for years. It is not really that I have lost interest just that there is so much to read.

    Hopefully you will get to these two soon and let us know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Brian!

    Yeah, you're right...I haven't had these that long. I really should mention books that have been sitting on my shelves for years, because I do have them. It's frustrating to have this situation! But, as you say, there's just SO much to read...

    Now I'm doing book tours, and that makes it even MORE difficult to get to the books already on my shelves, since I now have a committment to read the books for the tours. Of course, I don't necesarily have to do a review for every single tour, but still...

    Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)