Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday No. 171: The Secret of a Heart Note, by Stacey Lee




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!


Here's my choice for this week!



The Secret of a Heart Note    
Hardcover,  384 pages 
Katherine Tegan Books
December 27, 2016
Contemporary Romance, Fantasy,  
Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29243054-the-secret-of-a-heart-note







Sometimes love is right under your nose. As one of only two aromateurs left on the planet, sixteen-year-old Mimosa knows what her future holds: a lifetime of weeding, mixing love elixirs, and matchmaking—all while remaining incurably alone. For Mim, the rules are clear: falling in love would render her nose useless, taking away her one great talent. Still, Mimosa doesn’t want to spend her life elbow-deep in soil and begonias. She dreams of a normal high school experience with friends, sports practices, debate club, and even a boyfriend. But when she accidentally gives an elixir to the wrong woman and has to rely on the lovesick woman’s son, the school soccer star, to help fix the situation, Mim quickly begins to realize that falling in love isn’t always a choice you can make.

At once hopeful, funny, and romantic, Stacey Lee’s The Secret of a Heart Note is a richly evocative coming-of-age story that gives a fresh perspective on falling in love and finding one’s place in the world.
 




Why I'm waiting on this one!

This novel sounds like a very sweet, romantic one,just perfect for summer reading! It's too bad the book won't be released until December.... I have never heard of this author before, either. I'm always willing to experiment with authors that are new to me, and the concept in this novel sounds absolutely  enchanting  and lovely, as well as unique!


 

What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!









12 comments:

  1. Great choice! This sounds like such a great book and I cannot wait to read it also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nancy!

      Glad you like my choice! Yes, it does sound like a great book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I know I will!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. New author to me! The book sounds lovely and yes, I think it could be a nice summer read :) Hope you truly enjoy it!

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Silvia!

      Yeah, me, too! I discovered this book just the other day, lol.

      I wish I could start reading it already, but it won't come out until December.....bummer!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  3. I have an eArc of this and I keep having to tell myself to not get straight into it - it sounds sooooo good!

    Here's my pick for the week :)
    Here is a link to my blogoversary giveaway as well! It ends in two days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jade!

      Oh, you have eArc?! Why don't you get into it right away? I know I would want to do that if I had this book! I'd much rather have the print edition, though.

      Thanks for the visit and the comment!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, I totally just posted my link in last week's one! Here's it here: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/07/20/wow-catch-killer/ This one does soung wonderfully sweet! And an aromateur! What an unusual thing to have in the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Yeah, I've already commented on your post. Interesting pick!

      "The Secret of a Heart Note" does sound incredibly sweet. And I've never heard of an 'aromateur', either. Sounds fascinating!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  5. I have to admit this doesn't sound like my kind of book, but the cover is really pretty. It does sound like a nice summer read and romance/contemporaries are best read in the summer in my opinion. Hope you enjoy it when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Yes, the cover is indeed very pretty. And it has such a 'summery' feel to it. It's coming out in December, though, which is kinda strange, but, oh, well....

      I totally agree with you about contemporary romances being best for summertime. For some reason, that does seem to be the best time of year to read them! I know I'll enjoy this one when it releases, because we pretty much have summer all year round here in Miami! Lol.

      Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment!! I always look forward to your thoughts on this meme every week!! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi, Ronyell! Yes, it definitely is an interesting book! Thanks for stopping by!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)