Friday, May 20, 2016

Book Blogger Hop No. 50: Blog Roll Lists




Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop,
hosted by Billy @


For more information, click HERE.


What to Do

1.) Post on your blog answering this week's
question:

Do you keep a blog roll list?

(submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

2.)  Enter the link to your post in the
Linky list on Billy's blog.

3.)  Visit other blogs on the list and
comment on their posts. 

4.)  Be sure to find out next week's
question when you visit
Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer!


My Answer

Like most bloggers,I learned through trial and error when I first began blogging. Looking at how other bloggers set up their blogs helped me out tremendously.

I noticed right away that other blogs had blog rolls, so I initially set one up, too. However, I started getting carried away, lol. I started following LOTS of blogs, and so my blog roll kept getting bigger and bigger. I was too idealistic about following and commenting....there simply wasn't enough time to visit every single blog I had on my blog roll!  And there were SO many blogs I loved, too!

So, I no longer have a blog roll list in my blog's sidebar. However, since I still have a Blogger profile, the list of blogs I follow is there. You will see it's a humongous one! Lol. 

I do have a few special blogger friends, whose blogs I visit pretty frequently. There are three in particular who have become very good friends of mine: Brian @ Babbling Books, and Michele and Mckenzie (mother & daughter) @ A Belle's Tales.

From time to time, I also try to visit some of the blogs on my huge list. But I do need to update it, as some blogs are no longer active. 

   


What are your thoughts?
Please leave a comment,
and I'll go check out your post!







8 comments:

  1. Blog Rolls can get out of hand. There are just so many good blogs out there.

    I limit mine to folks I visit on a regular basis and talk to in e-mail.

    Have a good weekend, and thanks for always coming by my blog.

    Great answer as always. I enjoy reading your Blog Hop answers and your comments.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Elizabeth!

      They certainly CAN get out of hand! That's exactly what happened to me!

      You have great criteria for blogs on your own list! it makes a lot of sense that you would only include blogs you visit regularly, and with whose creators you correspond by email.

      You're very welcome for my visits to your blog! I only visit it during the BBH hop, but I think I should stop by more often! You have a GREAT blog, and are a very nice person, too!

      Thanks for the compliments, as well as for commenting back, which you always do!!

      Hope you have a good weekend, too! Happy Hopping to you, as well!! :)

      Delete
  2. I still have a blog roll, but I'm afraid it's hopelessly outdated and doesn't reflect the blogs I follow most eagerly now...or even bloggers who still actively blog. :'-(

    I still like the idea of having my "super" favorites linked on my blog, so maybe it's time I gave it an update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Megan!

      Yes, that's the very same problem I have, lol, except that my blog roll is on my Blogger profile. But I do have to trim it, as well!


      You have a point about showing your "super" favorite blogs linked on your blog. Maybe I should do that, too. I'll give it some thought. :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the mention and good word Maria.


    I also have had a Blog Roll that was getting too big. I edit it and prune it from time to time to keep it under control.

    I find that visiting and keep ing up with blogs is easiest using a blog reader. For years I used "The Old Reader". It stopped working for me so I switched over to "Bloglovin" a few months ago. It is really user friendly and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      You're very welcome!! It's so nice to have great blogger friends like you!! :)

      Keeping a blog roll list on one's blog can indeed get cumbersome! I even have to prune the list on my Blogger profile! Lol.

      You know, I'm a member of Bloglovin', too, and I don't use it much. As you say, it's user-friendly. I'll have to rely on it more often! I do follow other blogs with it, and also get followed by other blogs that use it, as well.

      Thanks for the great comment!! :)

      Delete
  4. You are so precious! That just made our night to see that you mentioned us. You are one of our very favorites, Maria! I know what you mean about the blog rolls getting out of hand. Great post and thank you again for the mention. We're very lucky to call you our friend.
    *hugs*
    ~Michele and Mckenzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Michele & Mckenzie!

    OMG!! I just came across this comment!! Sorry I hadn't replied before. I had not seen it....

    Aw.....you both are SO sweet.....I'm very honored!

    I'm very happy that my mention made your night! But OF COURSE I had to mention you guys!! Both of you, and Brian @ Babbling Books, are my VERY BEST friends on the blogosphere!! YAY!!!!

    Yes, things can indeed get out of hand. But then there are the SPECIAL bloggers, those who are REALLY friends. I really treasure them! I'm very lucky to call the two of you friends, as well!

    *HUGS* BACK!!! Thank you such a LOVELY comment!!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)