Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Hiatus Update


I had every intention of just publishing fewer posts, but again, Life has intervened..... This time, it had nothing to do with class preparation. In fact, my classes are now a thing of the past, in view of this new development.

We were, in short, hit with a nightmare -- the dreaded letter "C"......

We got the bad news on Monday, Feb. 25th, at a nearby ER we had gone to. From there, my husband was transported by ambulance to the closest hospital.

For the next 8 days, I was with him in the hospital, while the doctors ran tests on him. And these tests confirmed the ER doctor's original diagnosis. I called my PCP and requested meds right away, to help me cope. 

My husband was discharged on Tuesday, March 5th.

We have sought a second opinion, of course, and he's about to start chemo. I have quit my job, in order to take care of him at home. He now needs a special diet, too.

Obviously, this situation took top priority, and I abandoned the blog completely during all this time. I have unanswered comments, and comments back to make. All of them have had to take a back seat to this.

I hope that, as my husband's condition stabilizes, I will be able to start blogging again. I don't know when that will be, though. Worrying about him has taken some of the interest in blogging away.

Since so many days have gone by, I decided to publish something to let you all know that I had not just up and disappeared without another word. Yes, I had published a previous post in which I said that I would most likely go on blogging, but would publish fewer posts. However, soon after that, I totally disappeared from the blogosphere. I posted nothing at all for about two weeks. My most recent post before this one is dated Wednesday, Feb. 20th.

So that's the gist of it. Again, I don't know when I will return to blogging.....As of this time, I am definitely on hiatus.

I am requesting prayers from all of my readers and regular visitors who are believers, as well as best wishes from those who are not. Any type of spiritual help is welcome.

Thanks to you all, and I hope to return at some time in the near future! LUV YOU ALL!!!!  <3 <3 <3  :) :) :)



 


18 comments:

  1. Oh Maria I am so so sorry to hear about this <3 Of course you must take a break from blogging - your husband is the priority now. Sending you lots of love and will definitely pray. Again, so sorry to hear this <3 <3 <3 HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amy!

      Yes, he is definitely the priority now....we're all praying hard for his recovery. God DOES work miracles, after all.

      Thank you so much for your heartfelt comment, Amy. HUGS TO YOU, TOO!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Maria, first of all I'm so sorry about all of this That's terrible. And second, please don't worry about posting. You and your husband come first and I'm sure all your readers will understand. I will be burning a candle for you and him. That's the thing we do here in Belgium to think about someone when they need good luck or prayers. Wishing your family all the best! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephanie!

      That's a very sweet and touching thing you guys do in Belgium. I had never heard of that before. It's a great custom!

      Thank you so much for your concern and best wishes, Steph. HUGS!!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  3. I am so sorrry to hear about this Maria. I hope that your husband recovers as soon as possible. You are both in my thoughts. Take care..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian!

      I greatly appreciate your concern, and the fact that we're both in your thoughts. We, too, are hoping for recovery.

      Thank you so much for your heartfelt comment!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  4. So very sorry to hear you and your husband are going through this. Sending my prayers and love to you both during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Freda!

      I am touched by your concern, and greatly appreciate the prayers and love!! We certainly need both!!

      Thanks for your sweet comment!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  5. I'm sending prayers and puppy dog kisses your way. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this and take all the time in the world to do what you need for your family. Know that I'm thinking of you and I'll be here when you come back. I had sent you a Goodreads message because I was worried about you but don't worry about checking it. Basically I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Aw.....how sweet!! These are two lovely things to send!

      I haven't been online at all for many days now. Then I felt kinda bad (although I really didn't have the time to write) for not replying to these comments.

      Thank you for your prayers and thoughtful comment!! HUGS TO YOU AND THE PUPS!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  6. Oh no... I'm so very sorry and am sending prayers and healing thoughts your way - for both of you. I think everyone who enjoys and follows your blog will feel the same way - that we are all behind you and your husband and sending waves of support for you at this horrible time. Hugsxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah!

      Aw....how sweet!! I certainly appreciate the prayers and healing thoughts for us both!! I also appreciate the waves of support!!

      Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry to hear this, Maria. I sending good vibes your and your husband's way. Take all the time you need. We understand. Family always comes first and your husband needs you right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Wendy!

      I greatly appreciate the good vibes! We certainly need those right now!

      Yes, I will take all the time I need. I am SO happy for such wonderful friends like ALL of you, who are giving me all your support!

      Thanks for the lovely comment!! HUGS TO YOU AND MOUSE!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  8. I was going through the list of blogs I follow and then saw this post. I'm so sorry to hear this news! Were now 6 months further in time, but I'm still sending all my wishes and strength your way.

    Hope to see you again with good news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Esther,

    Thank you so much for stopping by and sending your best wishes and strength my way. I greatly appreciate that!

    I will soon post another update.

    Thanks again, and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We haven't talked in years. I haven't blogged or even checked out the blogging world in years. But I just wanted to say you're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. <3

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)