Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #42: Wake, by Amanda Hocking





This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!




Here's my pick for this week!




Amanda Hocking
Hardcover, 309 pages
St. Martin's Press
Expected Publication:
August 7, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance



From the Amazon Synopsis

Gemma seems to have it all—she’s carefree, pretty, and falling in love with Alex, the boy next door. He’s always been just a friend, but this summer they’ve taken their relationship to the next level, and now there’s no going back. Then one night, Gemma’s ordinary life changes forever. She’s taking a late night swim under the stars when she finds Penn, Lexi and Thea partying on the cove. They invite her to join them, and the next morning she wakes up on the beach feeling groggy and sick, knowing something is different.


The first thing that drew me to this book
was, of course, that gorgeous cover!
However, I'm also intrigued by
the plot, which sounds exciting,
mysterious, and enchanting all at the
same time!
I've always been a fan of 
mermaid stories, 
and it sure looks like this one 
will not disappoint!
(Yes, I'm indeed a new
Amanda Hocking fan!)



What enchanting books
are you all waiting on this week?
And what do you think 
of my choice?





7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm excited to read this one. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of her books yet, this one really sounds like something I would read...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1406

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read any mermaid books, but I love Hocking's writing so I'll have to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-20-care-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this on my WOW once too. I can't wait to read it and the cover is a lovely bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edward, Jenea, Dani, Jennifer, and Steph:

    Thanks to you all for dropping by and commenting! I'm so glad you guys also like this book! Mermaid books are enchanting to read, and I know this one will be no different! I've been stopping by each of your blogs to comment back. Hope you all have a great day, and a wonderful weekend, which is just around the corner! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover for this book is stunning ! :D I love it.
    I didn't enjoy Amanda Hocking's Trylle series, but I'm looking forward to this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Nick! Yeah, I think it's just gorgeous!! Glad you agree. As for the Trylle series, I've just bought all three books. I hope I like them...

      Thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)