Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday No. 23: The Broken World, by Lindsey Klingele




Welcome to "Can't Wait Wednesday"!
   
This is a weekly event hosted by
Tressa @ Wishful Endings, and inspired by "Waiting On Wednesday", which used to be hosted by
 Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

For more information, please click HERE.

As in the previous meme, this one showcases future releases  we book  bloggers 
are eagerly anticipating!!
There's also a Linky widget, so participating blogs can link up!



Here's my choice for this week!



 The Broken World
(Marked Girl, Book 2)
Lindsey Klingele
Hardcover,  432 pages
Harper Teen
August 29, 2017   
Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, 
Young Adult Fiction
  
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32313930-the-broken-world?ac=1&from_search=true





The adventures of three teen royals and foster girl Liv, which began in The Marked Girl, conclude in this exciting sequel.

In the fantasy world of Caelum, Liv, Cedric, and Kat must attempt to defeat an evil traitor and his army to save their families and the kingdom. But the city they left behind is facing its own problems: back in Los Angeles, the sky is orange, gravity isn’t working right, and earthquakes shake the ground every few hours. Opening the portals has had devastating effects, and Liv’s best friend Shannon and Cedric’s frenemy Merek are the only ones who know what’s going on – and that tracking down the murderous Knights of Valere might be the way to fix everything.

It's a race against time as the crew must find a way to reunite and combine their quests to save both worlds.



Why I can't wait for this one!

This one immediately caught my eye! It wasn't so much the cover as the title that grabbed me. How could a world possibly be "broken"? Then I read the synopsis, and KNEW that I had to add this one to "Mount TBR" for SURE! This book is all kinds of EXCITING!! I LOVE the mix of pure fantasy and urban fantasy, as the city of Los Angeles is featured! Oh, man, this is DEFINITELY going to be a WILD ride!!!! (But I'm going for the first book first. Lol.)





This is the first, exciting novel
in this duology!!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22429623-the-marked-girl







Lindsey Klingele grew up in Western Michigan, where she read every book she could get her hands on. She eventually moved to Los Angeles (the real land of make-believe) and worked as a writers' assistant for TV shows such as "The Lying Game" and "Twisted". She still loves living in L.A., especially since it's home to great television shows, truly excellent cheeseburgers, and her pitbull, "Bighead".
  
Website/Goodreads





What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!












12 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun mix of fantasy and urban fantasy! Nice pick. And the author is from Michigan too (my state)- cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Greg!

      Yes, it SURE does!! Glad you like my pick!

      How nice that the author is from Michigan, too!! That IS cool!!

      Thanks for commenting!! Happy Wednesday!! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. Goodness me, this series has EPIC covers, doesn't it? And an interesting mix of genres too. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Yes, it DEFINITELY does!! I think both covers are indeed EPIC!! (Although I have a slight preference for the first one.)

      I like the mix of genres, as well. Glad yo like my pick!!


      Thanks for commenting!! Happy Wednesday!! (Or perhaps Thursday already, down under, right? Lol.) <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  3. I can't recall even seeing this series before so thanks for sharing. I love the cover of the first one better, but I think it's because of the colors on it. I hope you get a chance to read both of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Yeah, it's new to me, as well! But when I saw the cover above, I was intrigued. Then I read the plot synopsis, and then I just had to feature this book! I do hope to be able to read both!

      Although I like both covers, I do have a slight preference for the first. It just has more "OOOMPH". You know what I mean? Lol.

      Thanks for commenting!! Happy Wednesday!! HUGS TO YOU & THE BOYS!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed book 1 from this series, so I can't wait to read the sequel too :D Fabulous pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brittany!

      Oh, you've read the first book? GREAT!! That's all the recommendation I need! I KNOW I will LOVE it!! And I hope I love the second one, too!

      Glad you liked my pick!! :)

      Thanks for commenting!! Happy Wednesday!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ronyell! It SURE does! Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  6. So sorry I'm late visiting, Maria!! But I am here now!!!

    This book looks awesome!! I also love the idea of a broken world, and although I haven't read the first book yet, they both look really good! I love the cover of the first book, too!
    Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend, Maria!! <3 <3 :) :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi María! How are you doing?
    I totally agree :) It has a striking title and the synopsis promises a lot. I think the cover could have been better but we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, right?
    Happy weekend!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)