Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday No. 184: Vampire Academy: 10th-Anniversary Edition, by Richelle Mead




Welcome to "Waiting On Wednesday"!!
  
This is a weekly event that 
used to be hosted by
Jill @ Breaking the Spine, until 
very recently.
I have continued to publish these
posts on my own, as I reall
like this meme, which
showcases future releases which we book  bloggers are eagerly anticipating!!



Here's my choice for this week!



 Vampire Academy:
Tenth Anniversary Edition   
Trade Paperback, 512 pages 
Razorbill
November 29, 2016
Fantasy, Paranormal Romance,
Urban Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction  
   
https://smile.amazon.com/Vampire-Academy-10th-Anniversary-Richelle/dp/0448494299/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1479275422&sr=1-11






Richelle Mead celebrates 10 years of Vampire Academy with an exclusive, never-before-seen collection of stories that sheds new light on the world and its players: "The Turn and the Flame" takes a deeper look into the dark stain on the Ozera dynasty...
"From the Journal of Vasilisa Dragomir" unearths the princess’s private thoughts from a transformative period of her life…


"The Meeting" gives us a glimpse of Rose Hathaway through Dimitri’s eyes...


"Hello, My Name Is Rose Hathaway" tracks the shenanigans that ensue when Rose and Dimitri become unlikely teammates in a high-stakes scavenger hunt...

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires--the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making Lissa one of them.

After two years of freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir’s Academy, where vampire royalty and their guardians-to-be prepare for a life fraught with danger. Rose and Lissa must navigate their treacherous world and never once let their guard down, lest the evil undead make Lissa one of them forever. But soon Rose finds herself gripped by temptation of forbidden love, leaving Lissa exposed to Strigoi attack. Now she must choose between the best friend she lives for, and the man she can't live without….



Why I'm waiting on this one!

I read the original first novel in this series some time ago, and just fell in love with the characters, especially Rose and Dimitri! So I can't wait to get my hands on this one, and read more about them, as well as Adrian, Lissa, Christian, and all the wonderful people in the series!






What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!






8 comments:

  1. I had no idea this was coming out but I love this series so much! It didn't feel like the typical YA vamp series so I'm definitely adding this to my wish list. Awesome pick.

    My WoW post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kimberly!

      I just found out myself, so I just HAD to feature it today! Glad you think it's an awesome pick! It SURE is!!

      I've read the entire series, and am SO excited to see that Mead had actually written new stories for these characters!! YAAAAY!!!

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment!! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a good collection and I'm loving the cover. So does it include the first book plus those additional stories or just the additional stories. It's too early here and my brain isn't working yet:) I always enjoyed this series more than Twilight and I'm glad to see people having a way to celebrate it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Oh, I'm SO excited about this one, and I LOVE that cover, too!! It does include the original book, plus the additional stories. It's so AWESOME that Mead wrote more material about these beloved characters!!

      I do prefer The Twilight Saga, to be honest with you, although I LOVE how kick-butt Rose Hathaway is! However, to me, the Twilight books are much more romantic. But everyone has their own likes in books!

      One thing I do prefer about Richelle Mead, though -- she wrote more material about her characters for her 10th-anniversary edition. This is certainly MUCH better than what Stephenie Meyer did with HER 10th-anniversary edition! I didn't like that gender switch AT ALL. I wish Meyer had done the same thing Mead did, and just added several new stories about her characters to this commemorative edition of her original novel..... Yes, I read the 're-imagined' version of "Twilight". If you like, you can read my review, which you will find on my review page. I only reviewed the book on this blog, BTW. I didn't want to publish another negative review for Stephenie on GR or Amazon, as she's been criticized enough, IMHO. Most of us Twihards didn't like this new version, if you look at the reviews on Amazon. Oh, Steph.....WHY did you do that?! Well, maybe now that Mead is publishing her original book, with additional VA stories, Meyer will wise up, and write some more Twilight stories!

      BTW, Meyer has just published a thriller titled "The Chemist". I'm not interested in the least. I was never interested in "The Host", either. I hope she returns to paranormal romance, with other characters! Maybe a series about Jacob and Reneesme.... And ALL of us Twihards want her to complete and publish "Midnight Sun"!!!!

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving such an interesting comment! It got me going, lol! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I love that cover! I want to read it now, lol ;) Hope you enjoy it when you get to it! Here's my WoW (film)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amy!

      Yassss, I LOVE that cover, too!!

      I've read the original book, as well as the rest of the series, and I ADORE these characters! So I KNOW I'm going to totally enjoy this 10th-anniversary edition, with all the new stories!! SO EXCITED!!!! YAAAAY!!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  4. Best WoW choice EVER!!! :D
    I just simply can not wait for this book to come out!
    I miss Vasilisa, Christian, Rose, Adrian and even Dimitri so freaking much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Irena!

      Oh, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You're so sweet!!! <3 :)

      Yes, I miss all of these AWESOME characters that Richelle Mead created!! i can't wait to read MORE about them!!

      Thanks for dropping by and leaving such a GREAT comment!! <3 :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)