Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #148: The Rose and the Dagger, by Renee Ahdieh




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!


Here's my choice for this week!



The Rose and the Dagger
(The Wrath and the Dawn, Book 2)
Hardcover, 416 pages
Putnam Juvenile
May 3, 2016
Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Retellings,
Romance, Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23308084-the-rose-and-the-dagger?ac=1&from_search=1






The much anticipated sequel to the breathtaking The Wrath and the Dawn, lauded by Publishers Weekly as "a potent page-turner of intrigue and romance.

I am surrounded on all sides by a desert. A guest, in a prison of sand and sun. My family is here. And I do not know whom I can trust.

In a land on the brink of war, Shahrzad has been torn from the love of her husband Khalid, the Caliph of Khorasan. She once believed him a monster, but his secrets revealed a man tormented by guilt and a powerful curse—one that might keep them apart forever. Reunited with her family, who have taken refuge with enemies of Khalid, and Tariq, her childhood sweetheart, she should be happy. But Tariq now commands forces set on destroying Khalid's empire. Shahrzad is almost a prisoner caught between loyalties to people she loves. But she refuses to be a pawn and devises a plan.

While her father, Jahandar, continues to play with magical forces he doesn't yet understand, Shahrzad tries to uncover powers that may lie dormant within her. With the help of a tattered old carpet and a tempestuous but sage young man, Shahrzad will attempt to break the curse and reunite with her one true love.



Why I'm waiting on this one!

I haven't read The Wrath and the Dawn, but 
I really do want to!!
I have heard SO many great things
about it, and, of course, I LOVE the original
story these books are based on --
The Arabian Nights!
I need to get the first book before
May of next year, so I'll be able to go on
to the second when it releases!!
(Wish me luck....lol.) 
And oh, that GORGEOUS blue cover!!
That's another reason I WANT this book!!   
   
  


What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!









8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi, Carine! I'm glad you agree! Thanks for commenting!! : )

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series either and while I don't know if I want to, I sure do hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Oh, I DEFINITELY want to start reading this series! I know I will really enjoy it!

      Thanks for commenting!! : )

      Delete
  3. I still haven't finished The Wrath and the Dawn, but now that I know who's gonna end up with who, I'm gonna continue reading it soon. Hopefully this coming December break!

    Here's my WoW
    Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Chel!

      Oh, I sure hope you get to finish it during the December break! And then you have this second book to look forward to!

      Thanks for commenting!! : )

      Delete
  4. I never read any of The Arabian Nights. I really need to.


    The story as described just in thus retelling sounds very interesting.

    From what I can tell this seems to be retelling of the base story that comprised the Arabian Nights. I wonder if the author incorporated as of the tales into this narrative.

    I agree that the cover is fantastic. The colors work very well togrther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Brian!

      I remember reading a couple of stories from the Arabian Nights, back when I was a teen. I loved them!

      This series sounds like an intriguing retelling of these stories. I'm not sure whether the author incorporated all of the stories, though. It appears she only used the main story.

      The first cover is done in hot pink, which is a color I like, although not as much as blue. Although it, too, is very beautiful, I much prefer this blue one!

      Thanks for the nice comment!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)