Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #99: Between, by Megan Whitmer





This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!




Here's my choice for this week!



Between
Paperback, 384 pages
Spencer Hill Press
July 29, 2014
Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17251354-between?ac=1





Book Synopsis

 When a supernatural freak of nature forces her family to separate, seventeen-year-old Charlie Page must turn to her frustrating (yet gorgeous) neighbor, Seth, to help reunite them. Seth whisks Charlie to Ellauria—a magical world filled with the creatures of myths and legends—and tells her of the Fellowship, the group charged with protecting mystical beings from human discovery. (All except Bigfoot: that attention addict is a total lost cause.) But when Charlie learns that she's under the Fellowship's protection herself, well, "stressed" is an understatement.

Ellauria should be the safest place for Charlie while the Fellowship works to find her family, but things in the mystical realm aren’t what they seem.

Magic is failing, creatures are dying, and the Fellowship insists Charlie holds the key to saving everyone. With her family still missing and the danger in Ellauria growing, Charlie doesn't know who she can trust. She's dealing with a power she never asked for, falling for a guy she can't have, and being forced to choose between her destiny and her heart. And if she chooses wrong, she could destroy magic forever.

Charlie may be in over her head.



 Why am I waiting on this book?

I found this novel-with-the-gorgeous-cover
while browsing the web to see
what I would feature this week....
And I think I've discovered a real gem!
Honestly, though, any book dealing
with a magical land will catch
my interest right away!
I also like the idea of a magical Fellowship!
That reminds me, of course, of
The Lord of the Rings!
Although the one in this book does
not serve the same purpose as
the one in LOTR, I still like the idea!
It sounds very, very intriguing!
And, of course, the romance
is a HUGE draw for me, as well!! 





What do you think of
my choice?
What enchanting book(s)
are you waiting on this week?






8 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting, thanks for sharing

    Check our WOW

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Leydy!

      Yeah, this one caught my eye right away! You're very welcome for the share!

      I'll go check out your WOW. Thanks for commenting!! : )

      Delete
  2. I must say that this one sounds very clever. I really like the idea of this particular fellowship and the fact that the protagonist is herself a subject of their activities seem imaginative. The Bigfoot thing is hilarious!


    If you read this one I would love to know what you think Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      Yeah, it sure does! I like the idea of the fellowship, too. And I agree that the detail about Bigfoot is hilarious!

      I'll see if I can get to this book sometime next year. Thanks for your interest and your comment!! : )

      Delete
  3. That is a great cover! And it sounds like a fun story, too! Hope it is a good one.
    My WoW today is from Mrs. Hemingway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kim!

      Oh, I fell in love with this cover at first sight! And I do like the story, as well. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy reading this novel!

      I'll go check out your WOW. Thanks for commenting!! : )

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard about this book before, but I like the premise of the story. Thank you for sharing.

    New follower.

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there!

      Yeah, it's new to me as well, but that cover grabbed my attention right away! Then I read the synopsis, and loved it!

      Thanks for following and commenting!! I'll go do the same!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)