Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #43: Seraphina, by Rachel Hartman


WAITING ON WEDNESDAY







This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!


Here's my pick for this week!




(Seraphina #1)
Hardcover, 464 pages
Random House Children's Books
July 10, 2012
Genres: Fantasy, YA




From the Goodreads Synopsis


Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high.
Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.



I must confess that I love dragons!
I just think they're fabulous creatures,
but...they must be good dragons,
not evil ones, in order for me
to like them.
I'm thinking of the dragons in
such books as Eragon and its sequels,
as well as the dragons of Pern,
in Anne McAffrey's wonderful novels.
Besides, I love high fantasy itself!!
So I've already got my credit card
ready for this coming July 10th,
when I will just swoop down on
Amazon and buy this novel!!


Where To Buy:



What enchanting books
are you all waiting on this week?
And what do you think
of my choice?













14 comments:

  1. Great pick! I'm really looking forward to this one, too. Love dragon stories, and I've been craving some high fantasy lately! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds fantastic! a great choice. I must admit to avoiding it initially because of the cover {blush}

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4th-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEP, dragons! I have dying to read this one, I can't wait! I love fantasy novels.
    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read Seraphina and it is AMAZING. One of the books of the year so far. I hope you like it. I love the blog and followed on GFC and Linky

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, Maxine, Sharon, Jennifer:

    I'm so glad you guys like my pick! July 10th is just around the corner, and my fingers are itching!

    I'm coming over to check out your WOWs!

    Thank you so much for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber:

    Oh, it sounds like you're a Piers Anthony fan! I really like him, by the way.

    Dragons are really fascinating creatures. The ones in this novel have really got me curious!

    Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annabelle, Amy:

    Fantasy is definitely one of my favorite genres! Glad you like my pick! Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Kate!

    OMG! You've already read it? You lucky girl!! I'll be getting the book as soon as it comes out!!!

    Thank you so much for your compliment about my blog, and for becoming a follower!!! <3

    I'm heading on over to see your WOW, and will be following you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Years ago I read all the McAffrey Dragon books that she had written up until that time. I really enjoyed them.

    I took a look at this one on Amazon. It looks good. It seems to have a plot and characters that exhibit some complexity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Brian!

    McAffrey's books are among my faves!! In fact, I don't understand why none of them have ever been turned into movies. She had the idea of dragonriders long before Christopher Paolini came along!

    I couldn't wait, so I've already pre-ordered this book! Lol. It DOEs look terrific!

    Thanks for the comment, and Happy Fourth of July!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one has definitely caught my eye, although I have been reading less YA. The genre is not my favorite either, but I have read some amazing fantasy books with dragons and such and thoroughly enjoyed them. I will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Steph!

    Oh, I'm so glad you're going to give this novel a try! I think you're in for some amazing reading. I've already pre-ordered it! I just couldn't wait to own it... Yes, I know I'm reading "Anna Karenina" right now. but I'm such a HUGE book addict, I just HAD to get this one already, for tuture reading. (And so my TBR pile grows and grows...lol.)

    Thanks for commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Candace!

    Thank you for complimenting my blog!! Music to my ears! And thanks for following, as well! I'
    ve already commented on your WOW, and am now following your blog, too!

    Have a GREAT day!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)