Saturday, October 15, 2011

On My Wishlist #16




This is a fun weekly event hosted by
Carolyn and Laura at  Book Chick City,
 and runs every Saturday.
Each participating blogger features books 
s/he hasn't actually bought yet,
but desperately wants to read!!


These books can be either newly-published,
to be released in the near future,
or in print for several years.

If you'd like to know more, just click HERE.

In my particular case, any books I place
on my wish list are strictly the print versions,
since I do not read ebooks. 


Here are my choices for this week!







Hardcover, 416 pages
Philomel
Expected Publication Date: January 3, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance


From the Goodreads Synopsis


Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.




I'm currently reading Wolfsbane, the second book in this series,
which I'm enjoying just as much as
Nightshade,the first one.
So I will definitely want to go on to the third, and
any others she writes about Calla and her world!







Hardcover, 384 pages
HarperTeen
Expected Publication: March 6, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance


From the Goodreads Synopsis


Haunted by memories from his first days as a vampire, Balthazar has spent hundreds of years alone—without allies, without love. When he emerges from his isolation to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, Balthazar has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye’s psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Having learned of Skye’s powers and the remarkable effect her blood has on vampires, he plans to use her for his own evil purposes...



Since I already own the first four books of this series,
I have to get the fifth one,
in order to complete it.
And, of course, I have to start on the
very first one...







Trade Paperback, 384 pages
Gollancz
May 13, 2010
(first published April 28, 2008)
Genre: Paranormal Romance


From the Goodreads Synopsis


Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She's still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.

Being around him awakens all her emotions. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones.



I've just bought the first book, Halfway To The Grave,
of this series I've heard so much about!
I read a few pages just the other day,
and heck, yeah, I want the entire series!

Also, I much prefer the UK covers,
with those glowing titles!




What fabulous books are you all
wishing for this week?







11 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Balthazar! I'm really excited for that one too :) I love the cover! And Bloodrose... yup I need that one :) Good picks!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Anna!

    Yeah, I really WANT these books!! Glad you agree!! Sure hope I can get them soon...

    Thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers to these and want to check them out myself. Thanks for sharing and I hope that you get the chance to read these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there, Samantha!

    Yeah, part of the reason I want to get these books so badly is the covers. They're GORGEOUS.

    I prefer the UK cover for "One Foot In The Grave", too. I love the font used for it, and I especially like the fact that the letters glow! Perfect for Halloween! Hee, hee!

    Thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I read the first book of the Evernight series, and loved it. I had to order the other ones ASAP and am now waiting on the last one to arrive just so I can read them one after the other without stopping! ^___^' So yay for sexy Balthazar getting his own novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Amy! I'm so looking forward to reading this series, as I've heard it's absolutely terrific! And of course, I want to have all of the books, so I'm definitely buying "Balthazar"!!

    Thanks for commenting back!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, pussreboots!

    WOW! That's some wish list you have there!

    I'll come check out your selection for this week. I wish you had told me what you thought of my picks, though.

    Thanks for the comment anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks for your wish list this week. I have the first in the Evernight series and I haven't read it yet but I've heard great things about the series! Hope you get your wishes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the look of all these series.
    I hope you get your wishes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Rainy!

    I'm glad you like my picks! Yes, I have to start on the first book of the Evernight series, too... I can't wait for "Balthazar" to come out, though!

    I also can't wait for "Bloodrose"!!! I've already read "Nightshade", and am now enjoying "Wolfsbane". They're just FABULOUS!!!!! So I really need "Bloodrose"!!!

    Thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Bungle!

    Glad to hear you like these, too! I've heard SO much about the "Evernight" series...gotta start on it pretty soon...

    Yeah, I hope I get all my wishes soon, too!!!!

    Thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)