Saturday, September 24, 2011

On My Wishlist #15




This is a fun weekly event hosted by
Carolyn and Laura at  Book Chick City,
 and runs every Saturday.
Each participating blogger features books 
s/he hasn't actually bought yet,
but desperately wants to read!!


These books can be either newly-published,
to be released in the near future,
or in print for several years.

If you'd like to know more, just click HERE.

In my particular case, any books I place
on my wish list are strictly the print versions,
since I do not read ebooks. 


Here are my choices for this week!





Hardcover, 384 pages
Del Rey
April 4, 2000
Genre: Science Fiction


From the Amazon Synopsis


The next in McCaffrey's popular Saga of the Talents series (Pegasus in Flight, To Ride Pegasus), this novel follows the adventures of a group of psychically gifted scientists who nobly improve Earth's future by making space exploration and colonization possible. Paralyzed adolescent Peter Reidinger has learned how to move himself and some amazingly heavy objects psychokinetically through space. Peter lives with the grandmotherly Rhyssa, who protects him and nurtures the growth of his psychic talents. Rhyssa also takes in prepubescent Amariyah, an orphaned girl who has a talent for plants and healing. When a group of psychically gifted people sneak onto the corruptly run Padrugoi Space Station during its inauguration, it is young Peter who saves the day by using his burgeoning psychic abilities to vanquish the comically evil Space Station Construction Manager Ludmilla Barchenka as she attempts a coup.


I have just discovered this series, 
which is by one of my favorite authors!!
McCaffrey has been a major talent
in the Fantasy and Science Fiction genres for years.
Of course, I will have to feature the other books in it
in next week's "On My Wishlist" post!







Hardcover, 154 pages
Turner Pub
October 1, 1996
Genre: Fantasy


From the Goodreads Synopsis


On a hot summer day in Los Angeles, thirteen-year-old Josephine "Joey" Rivera - a misfit in junior high school but a born musician - meets a disquieting young man named Indigo who plays ghostly, haunting music on a horn the hue of a conch shell. The sound of his music stays with her, distant and beguiling, until she follows it down an ordinary street and across an unseen border into a magical world called Shei'rah. There, satyrs, water nymphs, and six-inch-long dragons live side by side with phoenixes and two-headed serpents and the Eldest - the unicorns whose music is the soul of Shei'rah.



I read Beagle's The Last Unicorn years ago,
and was totally enchanted with it!
I love unicorns, but I'll read
anything written by him, since he's another
of my favorite authors,
and another major F & SF talent!!





Gabriel's Ghost (Dock Five Universe, #1)


Mass Market Paperback, 447 pages
Spectra
October 25, 2005
Genres: Science Fiction, Romance


From the Goodreads Synopsis


Award-winning author Linnea Sinclair brings her special sizzle to science fiction with this action-packed blend of otherworldly adventure and sexy stellar romance.After a decade of piloting interstellar patrol ships, former captain Chasidah Bergren, onetime pride of the Sixth Fleet, finds herself court-martialed for a crime she didn't commit and shipped off to a remote prison planet from which no one ever escapes. But when she kills a brutal guard in an act of self-defense, someone even more dangerous emerges from the shadows. Gabriel Sullivan, alpha mercenary, smuggler, and rogue is supposed to be dead. Yet now this seductive ghost from Chaz's past is offering her a ticket to freedom--for a price.



I recently discovered this author on Goodreads,
where I learned that she not only
writes science fiction and fantasy, but
paranormal romance as well!
I love the combination of science fiction and romance
she has in this series!
I am so looking forward to reading this book
and its sequels!!




So, what wonderful books are you
wishing for this week?







4 comments:

  1. I just got Gabriel's Ghost today! I loved Sinclair's Games of Command so I can't wait to read this one soon.

    Hope you get all of these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I totally want to read The Unicorn Sonata now, too! I recently read The Last Unicorn and absolutely adored it. Thanks for highlighting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, there, Jennifer!

    Oh, I sure hope you enjoy it!! I'd love to read your review when you're done! I think Sinclair sounds like a terrific author!!

    Thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Belle!

    Since I read "The Last Unicorn" several years ago, I don't remember the plot much. I do remember that I LOVED it, though. So I really want to get this one!

    You're welcome for the feature, and I hope you, too, can get it soon!

    Thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)