Saturday, July 2, 2011

Speculative Fiction Reading Challenge 2011




I have just found another fabulous reading challenge!
This one is hosted by Magemanda at Floor to Ceiling Books,
and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

I love reading practically anything (except horror) 
that takes me out of this boring reality anyway,
so this shouldn't be too hard!

The minimum amount of books to be read is 12.
This challenge started in January, 2011,
and will end in December, 2011.

For the rest of the rules, and to sign up,
just go HERE.


But wait a minute...

Just what is "speculative fiction", anyway?

To quote Wikipedia:


Speculative fiction is an umbrella term encompassing the more fantastical fiction genres, specifically science fiction, fantasy, horror, supernatural fiction, superhero fiction, utopian and dystopian fiction, apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction, and alternate history in literature as well as related static, motion, and virtual arts.



Well, I'm out as far as the horror genre is concerned,
but I have no problem with the rest of the ones mentioned!
(You can access the complete article HERE.)


Here are some titles I'm interested in.
They're not listed in any particular order.


The Unicorn Sonata - Peter S. Beagle

Raymond E. Feist

Jack Vance

Jack Vance



The Lathe of Heaven - Ursula K. LeGuin


Ben Bova

Starcrossed - Josephine Angelini

The Vampire Stalker - Allison van Diepen

Nightshade - Andrea Cremer






2 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    This post and your new header image lead me to believe that we'll be reading a lot about Jack Vance soon. =P I love the covers and am already interested, so I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Enbrethiliel!

    Actually, I changed the header before I joined this challenge, but I've been meaning to read these three novels for quite some time... Yeah, these covers are nice. My copies are hardbacks, so the covers are different, but very pretty, too.

    Thanks for the comment! I greatly appreciate that you're looking forward to my reviews! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)