Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #8: Winter's Shadow - M.J. Hearle




This is a weekly book meme, hosted by
which features future releases that we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!

My pick for this week is Winter's Shadow,
by M.J. Hearle.







Trade Paperback, 432 pages
Published by Pan Macmillan, Australia
June 1, 2011
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance


From the Goodreads Synopsis


He's all that Winter Adams can think of. Ever since their fateful meeting at Pilgrim's Lament. Ever since he looked at her with those emerald eyes.
Ever since he saved her life.

But Blake isn't all that he seems. There is a strangeness about him, something dark and otherworldly.
Something dangerous...



This certainly sounds like an intriguing story!
When I read the synopsis,
I became totally fascinated!
You can see just how much of an impression
this novel has made
by reading the Goodreads reviews,
and going to  
the fan page on Facebook,
which you can access


I'm sure the cover of the book is part of its appeal,
since it's obviously gorgeous!

Although the book has already been released, it's
by no means easy to obtain,
at least not for those of us who live in the U.S.
I've already checked Amazon, eBay,
Half.com, Abebooks, Alibris,
and Powells...

Of course, I can always order it 
directly from Australian book sellers.

Except that the shipping alone is
at least $25.00!

So I'm currently signed up to be notified
by The Book Depository
as soon as they have it in stock again...

Meanwhile, I will just have to finish
reading the books I've already started,
so I can post the reviews!


So what books are all of you 
waiting on this Wednesday?



12 comments:

  1. I just picked this one up from my library this week, I'll be starting it after I finish The Demon's Surrender. I live in Australia though, so I've been seeing it everywhere lately. Hope you find one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, there, Brett! Man, you're SOOO lucky!! I'm going to have to wait until the book is once again available at The Book Depository, since they don't charge for international shipping, according to their website. (Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?)

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always craving books which are as of yet only released in Australia, too! The Book Depository doesn't charge for international shipping-- how awesome, right?-- but those outside of the UK can only use credit cards. (I don't have one!)

    Hope you get your hands on Winter's Shadow soon, one way or another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Kat! Well, actually, this is the first time I have coveted a book released only in Australia. But when I saw the cover, I just KNEW I had to have it!! Then I read the Goodreads synopsis, and wanted it even MORE!! So I'm hoping The Book Depository has it available SOON!!!

    By the way, doesn't TBD accept PayPal? If you have a bank account, PayPal can take money directly from your account.

    Believe it or not, I don't have a credit card. Yeah, I got tired of that circus! Now I use my debit card. I use this card to buy my books on Amazon. On other sites, I use PayPal, like on eBay, for instance.

    I'm trying very hard not to give in to temptation and just order this book from an Australian bookseller.... Lol. On one site, the price for the book itself is $15.95, but the shipping charges are $27.50!!!!! If I remember correctly, it was Booktopia...

    Thanks for dropping by & commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds amazing. I am currently waiting for the fifth and final book in Amanda Hocking's My Blood Approves series, but I will be keeping an eye out for this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...obsession with an otherworldly boy - sounds familiar! I do like the cover art. Nice pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover! Immediately draws me in and makes me want to read it! Australia, please share the love and lend us this book.
    Rae, Best O' Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rayne: Oh, I have the first book in the "My Blood Approves" series, but have yet to read it. I've heard this series is awesome! As for "Winter's Shadow", just do a Google search, and you'll see how many links come up! There are lots of rave reviews for it! Thanks for the comment! : )

    Cecelia: Yeah, I know it sounds familiar. But, as I told Rayne, do that Google search, and you'll see! And yes, the cover is gorgeous! Thanks for the comment, and I'll be sure to check out your WOW. : )

    Rae: Yes, that cover really pulled me in, too! And I don't know it's not already available here in the U.S.! GRRR!! Thanks for commenting! : )

    Nikki-ann: Be sure to click on the links I have provided in this post, so you can get more information. It IS great! Thanks for the comment! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rae: The Typo Monster strikes again! I meant, "And I don't know WHY it's not already..." (Sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there,

    Im a new follower. I bought this book from Big W 2 weeks ago, here in Australia. i havent cracked it open yet, but it looked good. Great choice.

    Michelle A

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Michelle!

    Thanks! Yeah, I knew I had to have it when I saw that cover! And then, when I read the plot synopsis, that clinched it!

    Hey, thanks for the comment and the follow, too!! Gotta go check out your blog! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)