Monday, June 6, 2011

Musing Mondays #2




This is a weekly book meme hosted by Miz B at

Each week, she poses an interesting question
related to books and reading preferences.

To join in, simply visit her blog, grab her logo,
and add your blog link in the comments section.



Today's question is:

Where is your favorite place to read?


I guess I'll have to say I prefer to read in bed, although I really don't.  The bed doesn't have a "traditional" headboard, so I'm not all that comfortable.  I have to put two pillows under my neck.  But I have no choice -- this is the only place at home I can do any reading at all, unless my husband isn't using his special recliner, which, unfortunately, puts a crick in my neck after I've been sitting in it for a while...

I love to read at the beach!  I stay under an umbrella, well-protected with a slathering of SPF 30 lotion, and just lie back in a lounge chair, relaxed and mellow...  the sound of the surf is very soothing, and somehow I'm able to tune out the sounds around me.  This is soooo heavenly... 

If I can, I try to get to a big, beautiful Barnes & Noble on Sundays.  It's located quite a few miles from us, in the Kendall area (we live in Miami, Florida).  When I arrive, I go on a little excursion to find a book (I always have to buy a book when I go there!), and then head for the snack bar, where I will usually grab a whole-grain bagel with cream cheese, a solo espresso macchiato, and look for an empty table, preferably in some cozy, little corner.   Then I settle down there, eat my delicious bagel, drink my macchiato, and dive into the book, which, of course, I have already paid for when buying the bagel and macchiato.  At such times, it seems like everything's right in the world...

I am able to lose track of time in all three of these places, even the bed.  That's what really counts.  Unless one is able to realize, with a shock, that several hours have gone by, one hasn't really been enjoying one's reading!       








2 comments:

  1. I guess the great thing about a good book is that you get so engrossed, it doesn't really matter where you are :)

    Here's my Musing Mondays (June 6) post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're SO right about that! Lol.

    I'm going over to read your post. Thanks for the visit and the comment! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)