Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #3: Torrent, by Lisa Bergren



This is a weekly book meme, hosted 
by Jill @ Breaking the Spine,
which features future releases that we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!



The book I have picked this week
is the last one in The River of Time trilogy,
by Lisa T. Bergren.
This is an exciting YA series that combines
time travel, adventure, and romance!
Talk about a great combination of ingredients!

In the first volume,
the Betarrini sisters unexpectedly travel back
to 14th-century Italy,
encountering some interesting adventures, as well as
two great-looking Italian noblemen.
Then they are also hailed as great warriors in
the continuing battle between the cities of
Siena and Florence.
In the second volume,
they convince their mother, an eminent archaeologist,
to go back with them,
and more adventures ensue!

The trilogy comes to an end with this third volume.
(I wish it would go on forever....)





Torrent
Trade Paperback, 352 pages
Publisher: David C. Cook
Expected Release Date
Sept. 1, 2011
Genre: YA Fantasy, Christian Fiction



Synopsis

In this last book of the series, the Betarrini sisters
have learned to travel the river of time,
rescuing their father from a tragic death.
They return to medieval Italy, which is now 
under the threat of
The Black Plague, together with their
newly-reunited parents.
They are also still immersed in the struggle 
between the two rival cities,
and must make their final choices regarding Marcello and Luca!


If you are not yet familiar with 
this wonderful series,
I urge you to pick up the very 
first book, Waterfall, as soon as you can!
And remember...the second book,  
Cascade,
will be out next week!!!


For more information on this book, 
click HERE!


What book are you waiting on?



6 comments:

  1. This sounds very different. For me that is usually a good thing!

    My Wow post can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds different but very interesting! New follower.

    Here is my WoW post!

    ~ Alyssa ♥ hesperialovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome trilogy. So much adventure and intrigue.

    I'm following.

    ecwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting.

    I am a new follower :)

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi to you all!

    Lisa: You won't regret it if you decide to read this series! I'm going to check our your WOW post! Thanks for the visit and the comment.

    Alyssa: As I told Lisa, you won't regret reading this triloty! Thanks for the visit, the comment, and the follow!!

    Elisabeth: Yes, it is indeed AWESOME!!! You just have to get into it! Thanks for the visit, the comment, and the follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sharon!

    Your comment didn't come in until I had already posted my previous one. Hmmm....sure hope Blogger is not freaking out on me again...

    Anyway, yes, indeed, it IS interesting! Thanks for the visit, the comment, and the follow!

    I'm heading on over to read your WOW! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)