Friday, January 7, 2011

THE STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD!!



I'm very honored, as well as happy, to have received my second award, which was graciously given to me by LJ at Reader Recommended.  If she hadn't given it to me first, and someone else had, I would certainly have included her in my list of stylish bloggers, because her blog has plenty of style!  The content is just as awesome, so be sure to check it all out!  Thank you so much, LJ!!

And now for the rules related to this award:

1.)  Be sure to thank the person who gave you the award, and link back to his or her blog.
2.)  Share 7 things about yourself.
3.)  Pass the award along to 10 to 15 other bloggers whom you think have GREAT style.
4.)  Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award.

Here are 7 things about me:

1.)  When I was around 2, my mom discovered the ideal way to keep me out of trouble.  She would put me in a playpen in the middle of the living room, with a "Reader's Digest" magazine next to me.  I would pick up the magazine, and become totally absorbed by it for quite a while, turning each page carefully as I looked it over.  When finished, I would simply fall asleep, still holding the magazine.

2.)  One of my fondest teen dreams was to own a big, black Arabian stallion (like the one in the Walter Farley books), and I would be the only one able to ride him, of course!

3.)  I have Scottish and English ancestors on my mother's side, and Spanish ones on my father's side.

4.)  I was introduced to science fiction at the age of 12 by a classmate named Sylvia, who affirmed that she was from another planet (I can't remember what it was called, but it was not in our solar system).  She told me that her real name was Chel-al Burr.  I then affirmed that my real name was Chal-ter Byron, and that I was really from Mars.  

5.)  I'm in the process of writing my first book, which will be a fantasy novel.

6.)  One of my favorite foods is "paella", which is a rice dish that contains chunks of chicken, as well as different types of seafood.  It's a very delish Spanish dish!  (A little alliteration goes a long way....)

7.)  I would love to win the lottery so I could have plenty of time to write, blog, read, paint, and study three subjects: theology, philosophy, and psychology. 


These are the fabulously stylish blogs I have found! 


1.)   A Myriad of Books

2.)   Book Lovers Delight

3.)   Blood Rose Books

4.)   Book Lover Book Chicks

5.)   Books and the Universe

6.)   Far From Reality

7.)   Happily Forever After

8.)   I Just Wanna Sit Here And Read

9.)   Love Fantasy Sci-Fi Novels

10.) My Overstuffed Bookshelf

11.) Quirky Fate Press

12.)  Reading Teen

13.)  Removing Stitches

14.)  Sapphire Romance Realm

15.)  Spellbound by Books


CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU STYLISH BLOGGERS!! 






17 comments:

  1. thank you for the award! i am now a follower, your blog is also lovely, very easy on the eyes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the award,Maria! You have one very stylish blog yourself, and I'm glad to have found you. :)

    (I love the Black Stallion books, too! I used to want an Arabian stallion, but now I have a beautiful Quarter Horse/Thoroughbred gelding who I love to death.) Good luck with your writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, LunaMoth! You're very welcome for the award, and thank you for becoming a follower, as well as for your comment about my blog! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kat! You're more than welcome for the award. And thanks for your comment about my blog, as well as for becoming a follower!

    How lovely that you have such a beautiful horse! You lucky, lucky girl.... Life hasn't brought me a real horse to have and love..... I've only seen them sporadically, here and there.

    Have you seen the Black Stallion movies? How about "Seabiscuit"? I LOVE these movies!!

    Thanks for stopping by! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award! Congrats on receiving it yourself! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very welcome, Amy!! And thanks for the congratulations, as well as for becoming a new follower!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for this award I will do the rule part tomorrow when I am back at the computer. You have made my day =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're more than welcome, Book Princess!! I'm so glad I made your day! And thanks for dropping by, as well as for your nice comments! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maria!! Thank you so much for the award :) Congrats to you as well. I'll definitely be stopping by in the future to see what you're reading!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're very welcome, Barbara! Thanks to you as well, for the congratulations, and stopping by to leave such nice comments!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and thank you so, so much for passing it on to us!! I love your Twilight inspired blog! The Breaking Dawn cover is what inspired our design, although it has changed some over the past few months. We still have the chess pieces though!

    Thanks again!
    Andye

    ps I love your sparkly stars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the congratulations, and you're very welcome for the award! Your blog is just AWESOME!! And of course I LOVE the design inspired by the "Breaking Dawn" cover!!

    And thanks as well for liking my stars! They're from Parajunkee Design, though. I'm indebted to them!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, thanks so much Maria! Congrats, you deserve it. Good luck with your book. I want to be one of the 1st to review it, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're very welcome, LJ!! And thanks for all your lovely comments!

    I promise you will definitely be one of the first to review my book, too! It'll be a while in coming out, but I won't forget my promise, I assure you. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Maria thank you so much for the beautiful award I appreciate it more than I can say. I'm so sorry I'm just now getting back to you but I've been away from my blog for several weeks now. I did want to write you and say thank you and let you know I will add it on my blog very soon! Thanks again and big hugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, JennJ!! Well, you're quite welcome!! You deserve it, because you have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL blog!! Congrats, and big hugs back!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Maria thank you so much for the award it means a lot :)
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you we hav been ignoring our blog over the holidays, we r queens of procrastination lol. We are now followers of ur blog which is pretty great. BTW ur bookshelf looks a lot like mine!

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)