Sunday, December 19, 2010

Beautiful cover for new Mortal Instruments release!!

Even though The Twilight Saga is my absolute favorite YA paranormal series, I know that there are other great series out there.  The Night World books, by L.J. Smith,  are also on my list of favorites for instance.  I have read the first installment in Lauren Kate's Fallen series, and hope to read the second one, Torment, soon.  So I include this series on my list, too.

There's another series I want to get into, and that's the best-selling Mortal Instruments series.  I own all the books that have come out so far -- I just need to read them! 

While browsing my list of book blogs, I discovered that the fourth book in the series is now out!  The cover has already been released, and is posted on some of these blogs.  The Mortal Instruments series is particularly noted for its absolutely beautiful covers, and this latest one is no exception!  The artist's name is Cliff Neilson.  Kudos to him!  I decided I just had to post his awesome new cover here!






The release date for this book is April 5, 2011, and of course, I'll have my credit card ready in my eager little bookworm's hands!!  So that means I've got to get started on the other books, as soon as the new year arrives!   

For those who have already read the other books in the series, you can read an excerpt from the fourth book here.

For those who are still unfamiliar with the books, here's a short summary of the first one, City of Bones, taken from one of my favorite book sites -- Goodreads!



"This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end."

For complete plot summaries of all four books, I refer my readers directly to the Wikipedia article on the series. 

HAPPY READING TO ALL!!! 



2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of great things about the Mortal Instrument series also. That book cover is great! I'll have to get on this series as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, LJ!! Yes, I think this particular series has the most beautiful covers I've ever seen. They say you can't judge a book by its cover, but I don't think that's the case here!

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)